What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Hate to float another idea but it came to me last night - how about a mafia theme¿

Also, could we change the acronym? A couple years ago on the monthly restraint I proposed changing to Gentalmanly Restraint Until Month's End - GRUME.

I propose we change the name of the annual restraint to Gentalmanly Restraint Until Year's End - GRUYERE or GRUYEARE.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

+1 on the sounds cheesy... I would need to stock up on crackers :lol:

Actually, I would be okay with a food theme - it would be different. We could talk about how to add a sous vide to a scuttle to make the perfect temperature lather, or argue about using a stick blender to whip up the lather...

OTOH, I would be okay with pretty much any theme... even one based on math puns.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Hate to float another idea but it came to me last night - how about a mafia theme¿

Also, could we change the acronym? A couple years ago on the monthly restraint I proposed changing to Gentalmanly Restraint Until Month's End - GRUME.

I propose we change the name of the annual restraint to Gentalmanly Restraint Until Year's End - GRUYERE or GRUYEARE.

Let's all brainstorm to get a better acronym

That is a nice cheesy idea: Gentlemanly Restraint Until Year's End RElief
There you can spell Gruyere.

+1 on the sounds cheesy... I would need to stock up on crackers :lol:

Actually, I would be okay with a food theme - it would be different. We could talk about how to add a sous vide to a scuttle to make the perfect temperature lather, or argue about using a stick blender to whip up the lather...

OTOH, I would be okay with pretty much any theme... even one based on math puns.

A Julia Child in France theme, or "A Year in Provence", those would be fun food themes.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
That is a nice cheesy idea: Gentlemanly Restraint Until Year's End RElief
There you can spell Gruyere.
That acronym is perfect. I couldn't find a way to make the acronyms work and am glad I posted to the group.

Any objections?

I’m in for next year as I failed miserably this year, not even making it to the summer. However I should be set for next year. I’ve stocked up on my new favorite soap La Toja, and have enough artisian soap to last me a while along with an unused brick of Cella. I need to restock on my Myrsol as it seems it’s getting harder and harder to find it except for at Gifts and Care but they no longer ship to US.

Nether regions notwithstanding, I haven't decided whether to participate next year or not. I have enough stuff to last me another year and we'll beyond, and I don't need anything.
But, after 22 months of restraint, I'd like to be able to pick the odd item up casually through the year if I want, without the pressure of accounting for it in exception, or guilt about breaking a restraint. Or cramming it into the restock period.
Bond is fun, but I think too close to this theme. WWII pretty close to 2018 theme mind you. I vote Western.

I also haven't decided. I've gone out two years in a row, however I'm feeling like I'm really close to having the den setup I want and need want anything else. I'll see how November goes, but I'm 70% inclined to enter.

All of the themes present look great for the 2020. I vote for which one @Pepin votes for :)

1573290456514.png

After I see this sabbatical through to the end, my next one is going to be at least a year away from the B&B. This forum has evolved into a giant bragfest of how much stuff I have, gone are discussions on achieving better shaves but sermons on how to buy one.

After I see this sabbatical through to the end, my next one is going to be at least a year away from the B&B. This forum has evolved into a giant bragfest of how much stuff I have, gone are discussions on achieving better shaves but sermons on how to buy one.

I hate to see you go. I've found many people who discuss how to achieve better shaves. I follow them and then go to the NEWS link in my profile.

Top Bottom