What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

If the consensus is that because I broke the bowl I can replace my exception with this replacement copper bowl then I will take that and not get the charcoal Goods razor if my number comes up as my exception. .

So you are still in as far as the rules go. Are you okay with that?

I would go with Pepin, forget consensus. :) Unless that once the rule was brought to your attention, you still thought for whatever reason you were still out.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
@martym Kickin' it up a notch!
upload_2019-1-15_20-14-15.png

BTW.... check out his lathering dish!

I would have done the same. Been using my captains choice bowl everyday for 4 years. I love the ridges, really helps whip up a thick lather. I wouldn't want to switch to a cereal bowl.
Awww! Come on now and stop tempting me! I’ve been using an old soup mug every day for the past 4 years.
:a30:

my bride filled my Dopp kit for me...she easily identified all the stuff needed. I even forgot to ask her for a brush but she caught it and wonderfully asked
“if I am not packing the bowl, do you want Chubby 2?
Who cares about the other stuff in the post. SHE’S A KEEPER!!!!!

Who cares about the other stuff in the post. SHE’S A KEEPER!!!!!
Oh yeah...Stirling Agar and she commented that it smells quite nice!!!! A keeper! Only wish I’d met her sooner!!! She did also comment that the Wee Scot was cute...LOL

Last edited:
Emwolf: Nick Danger, 3rd eye. So many great quotes in that script.

Phone rings:
Nick: "Nick Danger, 3rd eye"
caller: "I'd like to order a pizza to go with no anchovies."
Nick: "No anchovies? You've got the wrong man. I spell my name DANGER"
caller: "what?"
Especially since the "what?" is after he hangs up!

Great stuff, very burnt tire..... wish I had some!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peaty, briny Islay goodness. I have a bottle of Ardbeg that is calling my name...however, my collection obsession/acquisition syndrome also translates to wine, whisky, guitars...:001_07:

Okaay where do I sign up for the single malt PIFs? :a17:

And to rockviper... That single puck of DRH lasted only 428 shaves. I am kind of afraid to break out the other puck yet. I am thinking about seeing how long it will take to go through a 1kg block of Vitos. But I 3017 my soaps, blades, aftershaves, etc. When I start a new soap I tend to swap brushes around until I find one that works best then I tend to stick with that one till the soap is done.

Also I am still using that cereal bowl as a shaving bowl (just to hold water in the sink as I mostly face lather now). But the recent yellow shave bowl has me thinking... Would the 6qt LeCreuset work or should would it be better to get the Staub with the cool handle and the little bumpies on the lid? As a bonus I could make chili in it.

Would the 6qt LeCreuset work or should would it be better to get the Staub with the cool handle and the little bumpies on the lid? As a bonus I could make chili in it.

Man I love this place!! I don’t PIF Scotch but you can pull up a chair and we can drink some...yes @rockviper you are just down the road...LOL

Still in. I was in London over the weekend and made sure to stay away from any streets that shaving goods are sold on.
Had a grand old time.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Alas, @Somnos , while I love to sip on a good single malt, I don't get behind the wheel on any day that I even take a single sip of something. Most of my friends have never seen me take a drink, as SWMBO doesn't drive.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I am the same @rockviper. If we go out I will not have a drink. Too easy to lose my job. And so not worth it.
However, I have been known to have a few at a friend’s home and sleep there!!

Top Bottom