What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

You win. Send a message with your address, and I'll mail it Monday.

Thank you my friend, but I was guessing to see whether I had read the clue correctly. Arko and I do not get along, not at all.

I already have too much soap in house. How about you pass the Arko to someone in the thread who could make good use of it? I would propose to keep it simple, and award to first in thread to claim it.

edit: Let's jazz this up a little. I too have a soap (to be revealed later) for the first person to claim it in the thread.

Thank you my friend, but I was guessing to see whether I had read the clue correctly. Arko and I do not get along, not at all.

I already have too much soap in house. How about you pass the Arko to someone in the thread who could make good use of it? I would propose to keep it simple, and award to first in thread to claim it.

edit: Let's jazz this up a little. I too have a soap (to be revealed later) for the first person to claim it in the thread.

Ok. First one who wants a puck of Arko gets it.

Just in case, I'll guess your soap is Williams Mug Soap.

To clarify my earlier offer, I'm not asking anyone to guess the mystery soap, but simply to say that you'll take it. No I'm in/out of PIF, just ask for the soap if you want it. First (CONUS) to ask gets it, shipping is on me per sabbitical rules. At that point I reveal the mystery soap in a glamorous cell phone photo.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
To clarify my earlier offer, I'm not asking anyone to guess the mystery soap, but simply to say that you'll take it. No I'm in/out of PIF, just ask for the soap if you want it. First (CONUS) to ask gets it, shipping is on me per sabbitical rules. At that point I reveal the mystery soap in a glamorous cell phone photo.
I'll take it!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

And we have a winner! CzechCzar, you have won this soap:
pdp.jpg

It is a puck of PdP 63 which I grated into a Maggards container. I find it much easier to load from that than the original container. I would estimate about 98% of the soap is still there. If PdP does not suit your fancy, I offer you the chance to accept a different mystery soap (to be revealed if accepted), but if you take that one, no going back to the PdP. The razor is not part of the package, just in the picture. Quite fond of that one, would not part with it.

Hit me with your shipping info, will not ship till Monday, my weekend is booked.

#90 still going strong, and staying one step ahead of the operatives. Finished off a couple. More items namely an Azarro Chrome EDT (horrible, not my taste at all), and a RR "Gold" splash (nice, but so many better choices.
I can see the next few months mostly involving citrus and bay rum in various flavours.
Summer's here in the Pacific Northwest.
It's been a good sabbatical so far and we're past the halfway mark.

Aftershave - 7
Soap - 2
Frag - 2

#90 still going strong, and staying one step ahead of the operatives. Finished off a couple. More items namely an Azarro Chrome EDT (horrible, not my taste at all), and a RR "Gold" splash (nice, but so many better choices.
I can see the next few months mostly involving citrus and bay rum in various flavours.
Summer's here in the Pacific Northwest.
It's been a good sabbatical so far and we're past the halfway mark.

Aftershave - 7
Soap - 2
Frag - 2

I don't know where you are in the Pacific Northwest, but Seattle today did not feel like summer...

And we have a winner! CzechCzar, you have won this soap:View attachment 990576

It is a puck of PdP 63 which I grated into a Maggards container. I find it much easier to load from that than the original container. I would estimate about 98% of the soap is still there. If PdP does not suit your fancy, I offer you the chance to accept a different mystery soap (to be revealed if accepted), but if you take that one, no going back to the PdP. The razor is not part of the package, just in the picture. Quite fond of that one, would not part with it.

Hit me with your shipping info, will not ship till Monday, my weekend is booked.

Dang it. A day late and a dollar short. That’s on my short list of soaps to try. [emoji20]

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I'm literally four miles north of the border crossing at Blaine.
We've been 75-85 and muggy for a week, now.
Bring on the lime!

White Rock?

I was at Blaine, Summa, and Lyndon in the 2000’s.
Beautiful!!
And I very much enjoyed White Rock.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
And we have a winner! CzechCzar, you have won this soap:View attachment 990576

Will do, thanks very much!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Still in at #15. Reading about 3one6 and waiting for the GCOC, whenever it comes. Surprised about the relaxed approach on the new and upcoming ss razors. I believe 2020 will be another good year for us, traditional de shavers.
Will wait and see. I am curious about the 3one6 and the EJ decision to make it aggressive. To be honest, a bit disappointed.
I struggled with a red proraso croap long enough that I could say without a doubt, this soap is not for me. I will have to let it go.
On the other hand, the trusty palmolive cream has been a good companion for last several trips. Traveling now, more than I like, and the cream is just a pleasure to use.
Nothing else new.

Jun. 5th Operative No. 74 Shaved Fish: No exception (OUT - shave balm)

Jun. 9th Operative No. 41. Andromeda673: (OUT - shave soap)

Operative Shaved Fish pulled down on the brim of his fedora, the wind was fierce this morning, and the driving rain did not help matters. He wondered what was keeping Operative Andromeda673. If he waited much longer he would need to go back and change into a dry outfit. Then he saw it, the blur through the rain as the shark-nosed Graham pulled up to the curb. He quickly stepped off of the curb and into the warm and dry interior. Operative Andromeda673 smiled at him, and shifted into gear, pulling back out on to the road. "So what's the plan for the afternoon?" "Who me?, I don't know, I thought you had picked up some instructions from Sam or Effie." Andromeda673 laughed, "No worries, just pulling your leg. Yea, got a warehouse and a nightclub to check out today."

Back at Operative Shaved Fish's apartment, and tall and thin figure quickly picked the lock and stepped, quietly shutting the door behind him. His eyes scanned the room, then he walked over to a small desk in the corner. He picked up some opened mail and began to read through it. He paused at a form from Sears Roebuck, shaving, "Mennen Skin Balm for a smooth feeling after a shave, a nice balm, .... balm, bomb" he laughed out loud. He made his way out, locking the door behind him.

After checking out the warehouse address, which proved to be out of business, they started back to get ready for hitting the nightclub. They knew that it was open, being a popular night spot. "Can you drop me off and wait a few minutes? I want to change before we go to the nightclub. You might as well follow suit. We will still have enough time, those places are open to all hours; especially if you have the right connections." Andromeda673 pulled to the curb and parked. Shaved Fish got out, "I'll be right back. Just a few minutes I promise". He shut the door and left Adromeda673 reading a magazine. Operative Shaved Fish unlocked and went into his apartment. He quickly changed into a suit that would fit into the nightclub setting better. As he was straightening his tie he heard a knock at the door. Upon opening the door he saw a package on the sill, "Good" he thought, "My package from Sear Roebuck of Mennem balm". He picked it up and took it with him, hoping to show Operative Andromeda673. He got into the car, "Hope you weren't too bored, I rushed as quickly as I could." "Na, no problem. Had a neat article in my Mechanic Illustrated, a neat story on the Model garage this month." As they pulled away from the curb Shaved Fish smiled as he held up the box, "I got a new shipment of Mennem aftershave balm, a really cool menthol. I will open it and we can try some for the night club." Operative Andromeda673 frowned, "Menthol? not sure if I will like that stuff, I use Pinaud Lilac Vegetal, smells great and the dames always say how nice it smells."

Operative Shaved Fish proceeded to start untying the box and get at the product. They were approaching an intersection, and the light turned yellow. Operative Andromeda673 shifted down and braked to stop for the light. As the final string was undone, and the box pulled open, a large explosion rent the vehicle. Windows shattered outwards, the roof bulged and split, doors flew open as the two operatives were shredded by the explosion. A fiery wreck drifted into the intersection at an angle as other vehicles swerved to avoid them.

Top Bottom