What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

I’m out

On a trip to see my dying grandmother and found my tube of soap exploded in my suitcase. Bought barbasol and Gillette Mach 3’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Sad news. I, for one, would call this an emergency replacement under the circumstances. There is always an air of urgency when it comes to heading out at times like these. I am surprised you remembered the tube of cream in the first place.

Stan

I’m out

On a trip to see my dying grandmother and found my tube of soap exploded in my suitcase. Bought barbasol and Gillette Mach 3’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does sound like an emergency replacement. I would say in. Stay strong you can succeed this year.

The final say is up to you.

Sorry about your grandmother Kev.
There is a soap passaround starting up again soon. Seeing as there would be shipping costs to send it on its way again, what say you Maltans?
Can I join up?

I am out... in my dream. Last night I dreamt that I inadvertently bought a soap online. I then thought to myself that I had to post that I was out. Very strange since I don’t remember my dreams most of the time.

I will be honest there were two brief covetous moments this past week. The first was when I started using the WSP Mahagony and was loving the scent. Wife stuck her head in the bathroom and said, "That smells so good." ....I should have bought the aftershave with the soap... oh well moving on with life.

The second moment was when I found out that Stirling released the "Hipster" scent from the holiday bath soap release as a shaving soap and aftershave. I have been enjoying the bath bar so much and recently thought, "Man this would make a nice shave soap/AS"

Both moments were fleeting and I was never in much peril, but it was the first time this year I noticed a moment/item that would have resulted in a purchase last year. Still in, and still enjoying the ride.
They do offer EDP in mahogany! I think other, non AS, strengths as well.

@emwolf
Ditto here.. and I've already gotten my refund.
Does that mean I've won a free razor due to the expiration of the Statue of Limitations?

Nearly 3 years after going out of the 2016 sabbatical, I just got my shipping confirmation on the Rockwell Model T. What a long strange road it's been.

I am out... in my dream. Last night I dreamt that I inadvertently bought a soap online. I then thought to myself that I had to post that I was out. Very strange since I don’t remember my dreams most of the time.

This reminds me once of me being in "trouble" with the wife for a dream she had. The trouble lasted about 5 minutes before she realized it was a dream.

Still in here. Enjoying what I have with no temptations.

I'm still in, but IB is seriously trying my resolve with the Rapira Platinum Lux's on for half price the other day. Just found out today that they are the best blade that I have that work in my .70 Mamba. Guess I have the one in it and 4 left for the rest of the year. Oh well, guess I'll just have to use my GC plates, my 6C, or my Progress instead... :D

LOL. On the towel, to the left of the GP Scuttle, there is a Schick razor, then an "unnamed" razor, followed by the razor in question, which has a nice amber Schick(E or G) against it.
I wasn't wearing my glasses and it's after midnight. That couldn't be a Mach 3.

It's either a Schick G or E, as you suggest. Most likely it's an E2 with a swivel spring, my favorite injector razor. It's resting against my Charcoal Goods Level 3 open comb in antique brass (to keep warm).

Still in, although I have been tempted to pick up some Declaration grooming soap, interesting ingredient list.

SOTD:Gillette RFB NEW, MWF soap, GSB blade, Stirling Tuxedo brush, and Aqua Velva my favorite AS of all time.
20190217_150354.jpg

I don't qualify this year. I've only been an active DE shaver since the end of September 2018. I've bought my last stuff for a while. Have amassed 14 soaps, 4 creams, 4 razors, 3 bowls, scuttle, sticking with 4 brushes and have a unhappy wife! I have 12 soaps, no creams in rotation, super happy with 1 razor, like 1 bowl and 1 scuttle and love 4 brushes. I have 200+ Astra SPs and 270 Feathers. I'm set. Gonna continue to watch this thread. Plus a lot of aftershave and cologne. The addiction is real, gotta show restraint.

Maltese Falcon SOTD:
328FD577-FFD0-4263-8A46-1B42748CC41B.jpeg

ToOBS Mr. Taylor’s Shave Stick made from a Elmer’s Glue Stick.
1909 ABC Scroll Razor.
16mm TGN in an old ER brush.
PdP 63 AS Balm.

First kill of the sabbatical! Finished my run of southern witchcrafts Nekromantic. Rather enjoyable, and it felt good to finish a soap :). On to the next one. I am pretty sure that with a hard soap like SV you could go all year on one puck.

Top Bottom