What's new

2019 MLB Playoffs

You got Zach from the Diamondbacks and our experience with him was that when he was somewhat inconsistent. There were many games when he was tagged early in the game.
I've noticed that there are times when he seems to be über-focused, yet relaxed and then times when he seems to lack some focus or loses concentration and his "groove". Unfortunately he seemed to be in the latter state of mind yesterday.
Scherzer took one for the team last night, and it looks like Verlander is doing the same this evening. On another note, I'd say after the extended lay-off, Grienke was a little off, so maybe that's why they asked Miley to go eat a few innings. I would have told him to do so and work a few things out along the way and see how the Rays responded to different looks and pitches, noting what they took and what they went after.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Im on pins and needles.
Looking forward to the game here in a bit but worrying a bit.

Game 4.jpg

JV goes 6+
Harris ≤ 1
Smith < 1
Pressley ≤ 1
Osuna ≤ 1

Springer gets off the snide
Yordan goes Yard-on
Reddick gets a clutch hit and makes a clutch defensive play
Brantley gets 2 hits
Correa has a good evening at the plate

martym

And then we head back to Houston to rest and prepare for the Yankees!!

Not looking good for the H-town boys. Too many pop ups and infield dribblers. And as I'm writing this it's another line drive DP to Choi, canceling Springer's second hit of the series. Rays getting all the breaks tonight.

Man. I was wrong. The ball has squeezed into spaces that that have aided the Rays ALL NIGHT LONG! For Hits. For Outs. But it sure is a great time for Rays fans.
And I am a grumpy bug.
I wish AJ Pierzynski would go away. I wasn't much of a fan of his as a player and he seems to be living into that role as an announcer.

AJ is an egomaniac. I met him when he was with the White Sox and his ego was incredible. In fact, when he left the Sox some of the guys there had no regrets.

As for the Rays, I followed them when I lived in St. Petersburg. I'm originally from NYC and was a NY Yankee fan. However, I loved the excitement the Rays had. Their enthusiasm was wonderful. We went to many games at Tropicana Field and we were always amazed that they could produce decent teams with such a limited payroll. We moved to St. Pete in 2007 and lived there for seven years. In those six years, we saw how so many good players were brought up, developed and then traded. Tonight's game showed the enthusiasm I saw some years ago.

martym

Shucks!!
Standing room only for thursday night’s game
$51
I was already scheduled to work a double shift so not going.
I still have hopes of being able to go to game 1 of the World Series.

Wow. The Cards were incredible. Never thought they would win this big. And as for the Dodgers, could not be happier to see this high priced club lose. How ironic that former Dodger Kendrick puts it away.

Wow. The Cards were incredible. Never thought they would win this big. And as for the Dodgers, could not be happier to see this high priced club lose. How ironic that former Dodger Kendrick puts it away.
Stayed up way to late, but I kinda wanted to see this ending.
Astros v. Cards would be sweet...for old-time sake.

We love parades here in St. Louis. Would be nice to have an even dozen World Series Championships for our Cardinals to go along with our first Lord Stanley's Cup.
LGB.jpg

WS.jpg

The student becomes the master.

SWMBO is from St. Louis. Gonna be fun times in the Scruffy household if it does turn out to be 'Stros v. Redbirds.
One of my buddies and I have been pondering such a matchup. They have a "Pitcher", as opposed to a thrower, in Jack Flaherty. He's far better than 11-8. But I have beef with them, as does all of Houston. The funny thing is, before the Colt .45's, the Cards were our(the Greater Houston Area) regional team. So there are a few old-timers left who still root for the Red-Birds.

Top Bottom