What's new

2019 MLB Playoffs

Baseball sure is funny. Our family was watching the LA game when my son said this was a boring game. And then two home runs and the excitement began.

I was happy to see Goldy play. He was a real class act when with the Diamondbacks.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
See if the Cardinal fans can remember this guy.
1F8FA68F-4AB2-4FD1-B806-5B975DC7EBD1.jpeg

F9EDEC84-772D-44FB-8EAC-10C854FED288.jpeg

martym

Actually he was number 54.
Jaime Garcia
I think I know the problem.
When he was signing these it was the few months when he was a Yankee and was number 34.
It’s the only explanation I can think of.
I do know for certain that it is Jaime Garcia.
Not well known but a local boy.

Actually he was number 54.
Jaime Garcia
I think I know the problem.
When he was signing these it was the few months when he was a Yankee and was number 34.
It’s the only explanation I can think of.
I do know for certain that it is Jaime Garcia.
Not well known but a local boy.
I thought it might be Jaime because he was the only JG initialed Cardinal on the 2011 team. He could be lights out, throw a one hitter, then disappear for the rest of the year. All the talent, but could not deliver consistently. A classic example of teaching your boys to pitch left handed, they will make a fortune.

martym

Yup!!
He signed 4 balls for me that night for family.
You know what?
That ball was for my Brother in law who is a Yankees fan. I’ll need to look at the other balls and see if the number is different.

He had a really nice delivery but you are right. Not consistent. Never knew what you were gonna get.
It looks like the other balls have 54.

8D201C30-30A0-4B99-A517-AA8992F4BCF4.jpeg

martym

Now there’s another kid from here who made the 40 man roster for the Nationals but he didn’t make the playoff roster. He’s still up and coming.
He played catcher for the Longhorns.
His name is Tres Barrera.
He’s a good kid.

I love it when Cole is pi$$ed. He pitches best when he pitches angry. He's not out-of-control-angry, just cold, calculated, the kind of angry that scares and terrifies you.
Like an angry Nebraska Cornhusker Lineman during the 80's.

martym

Our chance of attending a World Series games is still alive.

on a lighter note: my oldest attended NYU. Never once went to aYankees game.
I wonder sometimes about that girl

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Our chance of attending a World Series games is still alive.

on a lighter note: my oldest attended NYU. Never once went to aYankees game.
I wonder sometimes about that girl
Not even when the Tigers were in town?!? Yep, a wasted education!

Astros' bats found some life last night, and a not a minute too soon. The boys have their swagger back.

Cole is making it hard to beat the case for his not being the next $30 million man on the payroll. Jim Crane needs to find his checkbook. Fast.

It looks like I'll be an Astros fan for the first round of playoffs. I hate the Yankees so I'll root for anyone playing against them.

I just read an article which shed light on why the Yankees own the Twins. The Yankees payroll is over $90 million dollars more than the Twins payroll. Over $90 MILLION!! $90 million can buy a lot of talent. MLB needs to adopt a salary cap to help level the playing field. I think they're the only major sport which doesn't have one.

Astros' bats found some life last night, and a not a minute too soon. The boys have their swagger back.

Cole is making it hard to beat the case for his not being the next $30 million man on the payroll. Jim Crane needs to find his checkbook. Fast.
Pay The Man. Cole was a beast! He was excited and pretty talkative after the win. The entire team had a different pep in their step too. It was a fine night in this house last night-great dinner, fine wine, amazing company, and an electric atmosphere.
I wish the after-game commentary didn't make a huge deal about reading the pitchers. We did that when I was in Jr. High, playing on the D-line. White finger-tips and knuckles meant it was a run, pink meant the lineman was pulling or pass-protecting. QB with his left foot back, under center center meant the play is going left. Right foot back, moving right. Simple tells even the playing field.
Pitchers and catchers look at the feet of the batter and the direction their hips are pointing. When batters get sloppy, careless, or cheat at the plate they end up in slumps. When pitchers get sloppy, careless, or cheat on the mound they have rough outings.

It looks like I'll be an Astros fan for the first round of playoffs. I hate the Yankees so I'll root for anyone playing against them.

I just read an article which shed light on why the Yankees own the Twins. The Yankees payroll is over $90 million dollars more than the Twins payroll. Over $90 MILLION!! $90 million can buy a lot of talent. MLB needs to adopt a salary cap to help level the playing field. I think they're the only major sport which doesn't have one.

How well has the salary cap leveled the playing field in the NFL? How about the NBA?

I agree that the inequity of wealth between “large market” and “small market” teams is out of control, but a salary cap hasn’t really proven to be the answer in other sports.

I realize I have a different perspective, but as a Yankee fan, I appreciate that the ownership of our team wants to win, and is willing to spend money to make that happen. More owners should do that (and they can all afford to, despite what they try to say).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martym

We almost took off to Houston for tonight’s game but we decided to wait for a World Series game. They had seats in section 110 Row 39. I was this close!!!!
We are glad we don’t live in a big city because we would end up with season tickets for multiple sports. Including college.
We would go broke.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My Lions and Tigers and Pistons manage to lose no matter who plays or how well they are paid. The Red Wings did well enough for years. And the Yankees are like the Cowboys and University of Michigan for me: real easy to hate. But for years they were the teams everyone else wanted to be.

Nowadays for me it's my MSU Spartans that have me hollering at the TV. All the rest I can read about afterwards.

I will be rooting for Mr Kate Upton's team. He was a great Tiger, and didn't really want to leave Detroit all that much.

Top Bottom