What's new

2019 Carolina Wetshavers Meetup

61059616_302513640670538_2221989180123119616_n.png

Greetings gents and non-gents! After much gnashing of teeth and entirely too much ado, I am very pleased to announce the the 2019 Carolina Wetshavers Meetup will be held this September on Saturday the 21st at Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company in beautiful Greensboro, North Carolina! Join us for brotherhood, brews, and all things shaving! We've got vendors, we've got door prizes, an event soap, a honing expo and much much more! Additional details to follow in the coming days and weeks, but it's going to be a big time! I'll see you there!

AdobePhotoshopExpress_2019_06_11_21_45_38.jpg
Greetings Gents and Lady-Gents!

Planning for the 2019 Carolina Wetshavers Meetup in Greensboro, NC is in full swing! The date is set for Saturday, September 21st from 12:00pm-4:00pm, and the incomparable Peter Wolf has graciously offered to produce the event brush for us!

The Specs:
  • Bishop handle shape
  • Choice of Poseidon's Lair (blue) or Cranberry Crush (red) color scheme
  • Choice of 24mm Maggard's Super High Density (SHD) two band badger (fan or bulb), a variety of Wolf Whiskers' synthetic knot options, or empty handle to knot yourself
  • Custom 2019 Carolina Meetup medallion
This is a limited run of 30 brushes, max, and THE BRUSHES MUST BE PICKED UP IN PERSON AT THE MEETUP.

THE RULES:
  1. The brushes must be picked up in person at the event on Saturday, September 21st. This is an event brush, and you must attend the event in order to obtain one. If you live across the country with no intention of making it to the the event, then I'm sorry, this brush isn't for you. This isn't a skip-the-wait-list-and-get-a-Wolf-Whiskers out of turn deal. They're meant for those that attend the Carolina Wetshavers meetup. In the unlikely event that the entire run of brushes isn't purchased by meetup attendees, then I MIGHT open up the list to North and South Carolina residents that aren't able to attend. I will evaluate that factor as we get closer to the actual date.
  2. I am assuming that this will be a very popular brush. As such, there will be a limit of one brush per attendee. If your spouse attends but is not a wetshaver, you can't use them to buy a second one. This is a limited run of 30 brushes, max, and it's not fair to everyone that wants a brush if one person gets two. IF I FIND OUT THAT YOU HAVE ENGAGED IN SHENANIGANS TO OBTAIN MULTIPLE BRUSHES, I WILL BUMP YOU AND YOUR COLLABORATOR(S) FROM THE LIST AND CONTACT THE NEXT PERSON IN LINE. Please.. Don't be that guy..

HOW TO RESERVE YOUR BRUSH:
  • Send me a PM, and I will add your name to the reserve list. Peter Wolf will contact you with the specific details for your brush when he begins work on it.

I'm sorry for the massive wall of text, but thank you guys for hanging in there with us. I can't wait to see you all in September!

Another NC Meetup Update!

Catie’s Bubbles and the Carolina Wetshavers are very proud to present Eau de Thé (pronounced “oh duh tay”), the official fragrance of the 2019 Carolina Meetup!

Eau de The.jpg

An energizing blend of bergamot, ginger, and green and black teas over a heart of aldehydes, orris root, green, grassy, aquatic and ozonic notes and a base of musk, woods and incense. It’s fresh, it’s (slightly) floral, it’s everything I ever wanted in a hot weather fragrance, and it can be yours, too, in Luxury Soap, Aftershave Lotion, and Eau de Parfum!

Preorder is officially open now through September 1st. Meetup attendees will receive their preorders at the event on September 21st. Non-attendees will have their orders shipped out afterwards. Please note: the built-in free shipping option is for meetup attendees only. If you will not be attending, please select the paid shipping option instead.

Thanks to you all, and I look forward to seeing you there!

Catie's Bubbles Eau de Thé - For the Carolina Wetshavers

View attachment 986166

Greetings gents and non-gents! After much gnashing of teeth and entirely too much ado, I am very pleased to announce the the 2019 Carolina Wetshavers Meetup will be held this September on Saturday the 21st at Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company in beautiful Greensboro, North Carolina! Join us for brotherhood, brews, and all things shaving! We've got vendors, we've got door prizes, an event soap, a honing expo and much much more! Additional details to follow in the coming days and weeks, but it's going to be a big time! I'll see you there!
Wow - Exciting news for sure, Durham guy here, ....subscribed for future updates.

Is there a signup list or admission fee, or do we just show up?

No admission fee, just show up. Doors open at 12pm. We've officially got the space reserved until 3pm, but we can probably move the party to the tap room if they need us to clear the event space for a late afternoon/evening event. If not, there are plenty of great places to eat, drink and hang out in Greensboro that we can move to for the after-party (if you're into that sort of thing). :)

Is there a price range on the brushes?

The prices are as follows, but, unfortunately, at this time, all of the brushes have been reserved. I know that Peter Wolf is making one for the free, door prize drawing, but I don't know if he's going to bring any other extras of the event brush to sell.
  1. $78 - with WW synthetic knot or empty handle to knot yourself
  2. $121 - with 24mm Maggard Razors SHD finest badger hair
In the event that someone doesn't show up or decides they don't want theirs when they get there, you can be first on the waitlist (please respond back to confirm your place on the waitlist). Just to be totally clear, I have no idea if there will be anyone that no-shows or doesn't want their brush, and I can't promise any color or knot configurations either. It'd be a total grab bag.

I just realized that I never updated B&B with the latest details. Keeping everything straight across all the different forums and social media platforms has been a challenge.

The Details (as of right now):

1. The "Luxury Soap" base for this soap is their soap and not their cream, right?
  2. Do we have a time for the event yet?
Sorry for the late response. I thought I had responded to you earlier.

The base is the luxury soap, not the luxury cream. I have finished multiple tubs of each, and I prefer the way the luxury soap loads and lathers. With the correct amount of each product and properly hydrated, I can't tell any difference in the performance between the two either. I prefer the soap because its really easy to overload the cream. To much off it gunks up in the tips without fully saturating the knot. I don't have that problem with the soap.

Regarding the time, it is officially from 12pm (when they open) to 3pm at the brewery, but we'll probably hang around later or take the after party to another location with food.

No admission fee, just show up. Doors open at 12pm. We've officially got the space reserved until 3pm, but we can probably move the party to the tap room if they need us to clear the event space for a late afternoon/evening event. If not, there are plenty of great places to eat, drink and hang out in Greensboro that we can move to for the after-party (if you're into that sort of thing). :)

The prices are as follows, but, unfortunately, at this time, all of the brushes have been reserved. I know that Peter Wolf is making one for the free, door prize drawing, but I don't know if he's going to bring any other extras of the event brush to sell.
  1. $78 - with WW synthetic knot or empty handle to knot yourself
  2. $121 - with 24mm Maggard Razors SHD finest badger hair
In the event that someone doesn't show up or decides they don't want theirs when they get there, you can be first on the waitlist (please respond back to confirm your place on the waitlist). Just to be totally clear, I have no idea if there will be anyone that no-shows or doesn't want their brush, and I can't promise any color or knot configurations either. It'd be a total grab bag.
I will hold off on the brush, but thanks for responding. I am looking forward to the event and will see you there.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Makes me wish I lived in the Carolinas! Hopefully you will all have a great time and nice weather.

Top Bottom