What's new

2019-2020 Premier League/Champions League season

The start of the new season is close. It's a good time to start talking about the teams we support across the world. I'm hoping to see progress at Arsenal under Emery. We've made some good new signings, but still need to sort out our defence.

Newcastle continued their trend of questionable decision-making in the off season so it’s gearing up to be another year of hoping to avoid relegation. Thrilling!

Yeah, I feel like the best I can hope for is for my Gunners to hold on to an Europa League spot with the remote possibility of winning the competition to qualify for Champions.

Newcastle continued their trend of questionable decision-making in the off season so it’s gearing up to be another year of hoping to avoid relegation. Thrilling!

"Questionable"? You are overly generous, sir. We will be lucky to avoid the drop this season, particularly if some of our targeted players are indeed sold. Longstaff likely to go before this window ends, and I would not be surprised to see Almiron sold on in January, either.

Arsenal just announced they signed Pepe.

I don’t follow as closely as I used to. Was a big gunners fan back in the day.

The American owners of Swansea continue to gut the team. Hoping that we are able to remain in the Championship after this season but it is not looking good.

Arsenal just announced they signed Pepe.

I don’t follow as closely as I used to. Was a big gunners fan back in the day.

Yeah, reading this news earlier today has made me a little more optimistic. But we still need some defenders.

Yeah, reading this news earlier today has made me a little more optimistic. But we still need some defenders.
rumour is that mustafi is leaving too. Maybe we’ll buy a new defender, tierney has been heavily link to the club.

"Questionable"? You are overly generous, sir. We will be lucky to avoid the drop this season, particularly if some of our targeted players are indeed sold. Longstaff likely to go before this window ends, and I would not be surprised to see Almiron sold on in January, either.

I set the bar so low and they met my expectations, so questionable seemed fitting :mad2:

I’d be shocked if there weren’t a few sales before the end of the season. Hopefully it doesn’t end at the bottom of the table.

Not such a good start for the Hammers. I figured around 4-0 so 5 is not to far off.
It kind of puts a damper on the excitement and hope for a new season however.
Man City have spent billions and when they can spend 60 million on a backup full back it puts things into perspective.

Is Wiltshire healthy this year? Or is he still injured as always?

He’s a good player but u hate how often he gets injured.

rumour is that mustafi is leaving too. Maybe we’ll buy a new defender, tierney has been heavily link to the club.

Yeah, it seems like Mustafi is on his way out. I think he'll be better elsewhere, it just hasn't worked out at Arsenal.

Yeah, it seems like Mustafi is on his way out. I think he'll be better elsewhere, it just hasn't worked out at Arsenal.
Agreed. But we did pick up two very talented defenders so I’m happy about that. Also chambers seems like a changed man after his loan spell. Very solid, no wonder he won player of the year at his loan team.

I set the bar so low and they met my expectations, so questionable seemed fitting :mad2:

I’d be shocked if there weren’t a few sales before the end of the season. Hopefully it doesn’t end at the bottom of the table.

I am seriously considering a wager that would see me winning if Sheffield United finish above the Toon by season's end. I just cannot bring myself to pull the trigger, though.

I am seriously considering a wager that would see me winning if Sheffield United finish above the Toon by season's end. I just cannot bring myself to pull the trigger, though.

Well I hope you made that bet, Palace are doing the best they can to see it happens. We were absolutely awful today, I can't see us staying up this season, Hodgson's lack of tactical nous has finally ground us down after two seasons of his ****e. Good luck to the Toon, I've always had a soft spot for them.

Ugh. I spent my time losing money in Atlantic City during Saturday’s debacle. I think that was time better spent...

Top Bottom