What's new

2018 Paladin Shaving Winston Churchill Special Edition

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
2018 Winston Churchill Special Edition

proxy.php

I just purchased a 24mm 2018 Churchill. Thanks. I’m just finishing the 3rd volume of Manchester’s biography “The Last Lion” so it is a timely purchase.

I noticed that the knot is from 2016 stock. Is that correct?

Last edited:

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I just purchased a 24mm 2018 Churchill. Thanks. I’m just finishing the 3rd volume of Manchester’s biography “The Last Lion” so it is a timely purchase.

Yes, the knot is from 2016. We don't make many brushes with 24 mm handles, and we haven't ordered any knots for 24 mm handles since 2016.

I read the first two volumes of Manchester's Churchill biography many years ago. I haven't pick up the third yet.

Last edited:

I read the Manchester 3 volume biography, great books. I’ve also read Churchill’s history of the Second World War. Someday I’ll get his history of world war 1 (The World Crisis). I’m interested in Martin Gilbert’s biography as well. And yes, the brushes are beautiful! I wish I had a good excuse to buy one!

Don’t forget Churchill’s magnificent bio of his ancestor, John Churchill, the first Duke of Marlborough. This guy was really something! BTW, so were Sarah Churchill and Queen Anne—not at all as portrayed in The Favourite (IMO, a mean-spirited and unfunny farce).

In prior years you had the Churchill brushes. If there were ever a year for an "if you're going through hell, keep going" brush 2020 would have been it. Did this not happen becauses the Churchills were not big sellers, or was it 2020 Covid cuts in production?

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
In prior years you had the Churchill brushes. If there were ever a year for an "if you're going through hell, keep going" brush 2020 would have been it. Did this not happen becauses the Churchills were not big sellers, or was it 2020 Covid cuts in production?

Our brush sales were actually slightly up last year. We offered the Churchill brushes as special editions (limited but not individually numbered). Interest was fairly strong the first year, but it fell off from there to where it wasn't adequate to continue on an annual basis.

Top Bottom