What's new

2018 - a year in review

Hello B&B’ers

As I was cleaning my razors today, I was having a think about the (shaving) year that was...

proxy.php

In essence, 2018 was the year that I started shaving. I had set myself a goal of being clean shaven for the year which I successfully achieved. Not the most grandiose of goals, but certainly one for the better.

Throughout the year, I came to enjoy shaving generally, as well as the learning, the results, the hobby, the trialling.

It’s been enjoyable to read through the forum on a regular basis and see others experiences and observations.

So, in 2019 I hope to continue to improve my technique, continue to enjoy the time I get to myself as part of this act of grooming and build that in to improvement of my own self appearance and image (fitness anyone?!).
I’m setting myself to really engage with Australian made products and see what they can offer.

Initial equipment:
Bluebeards Revenge Shavette, shave soap, after balm, doubloon brush and blades.

Final equipment at years end:

Bluebeards Revenge shavette
Rockwell 6c
RazoRock GameChanger .68
RazoRock GameChanger .84

Bluebeards Revenge Doubloon Brush
Proraso Pro (Omega) brush
The Stray Whisker 452/28 brush
Yaqi Deep Space brush

Proraso green
Proraso red
Proraso white
Proraso blue
Palmolive Classic shave stick
Australian Private Reserve Florian
Australian Private Reserve Bombora
Face Fat Iced Slice
Face Fat Jaffa

Bluebeards Revenge After Balm
Lucky Tiger after balm
The Stray Whisker After Balm

Astra SP blades
Dorco Prime Platinum blades
Derby Extra blades
Derby Extra half blades

Bulgari Blu EDT
T’erre D’Hermes EDT
Australian Private Reserve Fresca Intensa EDP

Items exited:
Bluebeards Revenge blades
Bluebeards Revenge shave soap
Derby Extra shave soap

So yeah, I probably acquired a bit more than I needed, but it’s been fun and part of the enjoyment.

I’m certainly looking forward to 2019!

Hope you all had a great 2018, feel free to share your year in review if you’d like!

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I read through this and all I could think of is, "how fun is this thing of shaving?" I'm feeling blessed and I hope your new year is as well!

Thank you for your post, Happy New Year to you, as well. I like how you recognize that being clean shaven improves our self-image. Have a wonderful 2019!

Thank you for your post, Happy New Year to you, as well. I like how you recognize that being clean shaven improves our self-image. Have a wonderful 2019!

I think it was a big thing for me - a simple task to improve my appearance and self image. I’d downplayed it for a few years, especially as our kids were born. But last year I resolved to ‘give myself a break’ and not stress diet and exercise so much. Instead, I focused on some of the smaller things - such as shaving.

I probably jumped a bit too much into it but hey, it’s been fun.

I think it was a big thing for me - a simple task to improve my appearance and self image. I’d downplayed it for a few years, especially as our kids were born. But last year I resolved to ‘give myself a break’ and not stress diet and exercise so much. Instead, I focused on some of the smaller things - such as shaving.

I probably jumped a bit too much into it but hey, it’s been fun.

Looks to me like you had a very good year! May this year be even better.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Happy New Year @timah083, I’ve enjoyed following your shave journal and I wish you and your family all the best for the new year.

Top Bottom