What's new

2017 - Year of the Cream

May I?

I picked up a tub of AoS lemon cream and their matching balm to burn some credit card company points. They had a gift set available, that included a brush and some pre shave oil, neither of which I'll use. But the cream? Other than to try a sample of their oud cream, I haven't wanted to shave with anything else. Simply the best lather I've ever enjoyed.
Oh, and I picked up a tub of the oud cream and the oud ASB too.

So it will be creams for me for the foreseeable future.

Today I enjoyed the AoS lemon cream. It is a tremendously easy and consistent performer, and the post-shave face feel is as good as any soap or cream with or without lanolin, which I used to think was required for this kind of performance.

Yeah, I'm turning into a fanboy. sorry

Today I enjoyed the AoS lemon cream. It is a tremendously easy and consistent performer, and the post-shave face feel is as good as any soap or cream with or without lanolin, which I used to think was required for this kind of performance.

Yeah, I'm turning into a fanboy. sorry
but Art of Shaving is overpriced with sales people who know nothing! Nothing!
/standard response unit

GFT Eucris has been used for last 4 shaves.
I think the scent could be more powerful but it's very nice.
A little goes a long way and the lather is everything I could ask for.

Seems to have a slightly better post-shave feel than DRH or TOBS but I could be imagining it.

Eucris was the last purchase, prior to the AoS creams. I really like it, but it sits now.

FYI, the AoS re-branded razor I picked up is one of my favorites now too, lol
fullsizeoutput_34.jpeg

I don't mind paying a bit more, if I get what I paid for.

This week I put all the soaps and other creams away. Only the AoS lemon and oud creams remain out. There simply is no reason to shave with anything else. Sorry if I become this thread's broken record.

I had a whole week (5 shaves) with Eucris.
I like it a lot. It has a better window for using a little product than TOBS but it is still possible to get a good looking lather that is not slick. I need to work on that.

Going to go Arlington for a week now. Should be good.

My first disappointment.
While I searched high and low for the Arlington I found the yet untouched GFT tube (and a face tonic I don't recall buying)

So GFT up to bat, lathers wonderfully and...no scent whatsoever.
Maybe I'm missing it, but I'm not getting "the citrus scent of our famous GFT cologne"

I almost went for that too, but I figured I'd prefer to try the sandalwood next, even if I have to pay full price.

I hope you enjoy it.

Lime is next on my list. I counted today and I have 12 various jars/tubes/pucks on virginal soaps and creams. Probably a 5 year supply, so I gotta hold off for now.

I'm going all in with a tube of brushless Provence Sante Green Tea cream when I finish this undead jar of SJOL.

GFT is getting better scent wise. Not sure why. Still very subtle.
I like the lather but I've also managed to give myself mild razor burn for a couple of days in a row. Haven't done that in years.

Top Bottom