What's new

2017 - Year of the Cream

Fantastic MW lather this morning using a modified Marco method, essentially cutting the amount of water in half. The lather was much more stable, rich and slick. All in all a fabulous shave.

AoS lemon this morning. This was the cream that kicked the soaps to the curb. Today's perfect lather will have them at the curb for a while longer.

Serious question: Mystic Waters delivers what may be the best post-shave feel of any piece of software that I've tried (and that's a lot!). You really don't need an AS to compensate for the shave. In the summer, though, is it too much? It's got lanolin and a whole lot of other moisturizing goodies in it, and, well, on a hot humid day, the skin can feel a little tacky. Should I treat MW as an 8-9 month/year product?

Serious question: Mystic Waters delivers what may be the best post-shave feel of any piece of software that I've tried (and that's a lot!). You really don't need an AS to compensate for the shave. In the summer, though, is it too much? It's got lanolin and a whole lot of other moisturizing goodies in it, and, well, on a hot humid day, the skin can feel a little tacky. Should I treat MW as an 8-9 month/year product?
I find the same issue as you. I follow it with a large alcohol splash with little moisturizing properties like Osage Rub or a Crusellas EDC. It works out fine for me in the heat.

These were excellent suggestions. I have been using DR Harris Windsor Splash, and it has a lot of skin care goodies of its own. This morning, I used Booster Polar Ice (poor man's Floïd Blue), which is a lot more like an alcohol splash, and the skin feels a lot better. 80% humidity with 97 degree temps due today, so it is a necessary change.

After this cream kick, I also want to try Mystic Waters, now. Post shave feel is high up on my what makes a lather good list. Today I shaved with AoS sandalwood. Super slick lather that was removed with an old, ugly French wedge that is curve-y and soft, which is pretty much how it left my face. lol

After this cream kick, I also want to try Mystic Waters, now. Post shave feel is high up on my what makes a lather good list. Today I shaved with AoS sandalwood. Super slick lather that was removed with an old, ugly French wedge that is curve-y and soft, which is pretty much how it left my face. lol
You're French?
Never knew that.

Been plugging away on TOBs Grapefruit and GFT for the most part. Both still good.
Coates Lavender beats both in terms of lather but not by that much. All three give me better lather than SCS, but not by much.

Missed my brushless Kiehls, but KMF makes a pretty good substitute and rinses better too.

Today was the first time the CF lavender let me down, and I haven't even shaved yet. I am crushed. I ran for 40 minutes thinking about how my home would be filled with that terrific lavender fragrance upon my return. After huffing and puffing around the block with the young boxer, I expectantly returned to: NOTHING!!!! No lavender. Just the other two stinky dogs. "What gives?," I demanded!

What "gives," or takes away, is the damned clear under lid, that's what.

Today was the first time the CF lavender let me down, and I haven't even shaved yet. I am crushed. I ran for 40 minutes thinking about how my home would be filled with that terrific lavender fragrance upon my return. After huffing and puffing around the block with the young boxer, I expectantly returned to: NOTHING!!!! No lavender. Just the other two stinky dogs. "What gives?," I demanded!

Lol

shavefan

I’m not a fan

Sneaky Scots!

I used Coates Tea Tree and Proraso Blue last week. I was working 1st shift(I normally work 2nd/3rd) for training and the ease of use with the shaving creams was appreciated with my lack of sleep. Not that my soaps are that hard to use, but the creams were pretty mindless for me.

I reach for shaving soaps most times, but I've been trying to mix in the shaving creams since I do have quite a pile of them just waiting for use.

I've broken through the soap to the dish, and there is a nice sized hole in the soap. I expect another week or so if shaves with it after I get back from vacation.

Trumpers GFT for most of last couple weeks. Good lather, boring scent. Loading it like I hate it, even though I'm back to bearded. I figure it's doing some skin conditioning on jaw even if I'm not actively shaving it. Plus, it makes for better lather.

Missus continued her tradition of buying me brushless shave cream. It's a knack she has. Though skeptical, I came to love the Kiehl's. This time, it's Anthony's and...well it reminds me of Keihl's. Seems to be good stuff.

Missus continued her tradition of buying me brushless shave cream. It's a knack she has. Though skeptical, I came to love the Kiehl's. This time, it's Anthony's and...well it reminds me of Keihl's. Seems to be good stuff.

At least she tries, right?

I always get, "You didn't buy more shaving stuff, did you?"

My wife no longer asks, "Is that a new razor?"
I think she has caught onto the vintage razors. I mean, how can an 80+ year old razor be "new?" Right?

Top Bottom