What's new

2017 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Spring

Still in and no temptation.

The restriction is working, not only do I learn to get the best out of what I have, I also start to reduce the shave den. During this restraint, I managed to finish up one ASB (Occitane Cade), one AS (Speick), two artisan soaps as well as a shaving cream (Truefitt Trafalgar).

Still in and no temptation. The restriction is working, not only do I learn to get the best out of what I have, I also start to reduce the shave den. During this restraint, I managed to finish up one ASB (Occitane Cade), one AS (Speick), two artisan soaps as well as a shaving cream (Truefitt Trafalgar).

Nicely done!
:sailor:

2 weeks to go and I'm out. Unprepared for last minute trip. Walgreens had the VDH blades and Cremo. Learned a lot about my purchasing Habits during this restraint though. Glad I took part!

The Lucky Thirteen...

1. mr_eleven - No exception
2. Heron - Out - Unknown reason
3. Patman27 - No exception
4. Vespasian - Fine Citrus AS
5. LoungeLizard - Out - VDH Blades and Cremo
6. byDoms - No exception
7. JamesNW - No exceptions
8. KQY61 - ATT Slant
9. sandstone - Out - eBay auction win
10. Pepin - Jewel/Streamline SE set
11. bobmsp - B&M soap
12. Bryant - No exception
13. pbrmhl - Timeless open comb razor
14. BigJ - No exception
15. Demaskee - No exception
16. Clausewitz - No exception

Congratulations to everyone who finished this restraint! It's been a nice slide into Spring. I don't know who or if there is a GRU Summer. I don't really have an interest in leading any restraints right now, so I haven't been in touch with any of the mods. If anyone is interested, by all means contact a mod and get it going.

Thank you to everyone who's participated!

Yes, congratulations to everyone who finished this restraint.

I made it through without problems (besides I am also in the yearly sabbatical), too busy to look out for new shaving stuff made it rather easy avoiding temptation. The main goal, reducing the shave den, is showing some promising results as I managed to finish up one ASB (Occitane Cade), one AS (Speick), two local artisan soaps as well as two shaving creams (Truefitt Trafalgar and Body Shop Maca Root).

As mentioned, I am still in the yearly sabbatical and hope continuing reducing the shave den, but while shaving creams do not last that long, finishing up triple milled soaps seems almost impossible...

Hold on, it's too early to pat oneself on the back! I was doing fine until Saturday morning, when I clicked the "Latest Posts" tab on another forum. The top thread was four minutes old, and entitled "WTS: Asylum RX." The price was right, the seller lives in my larger neighborhood, etc. I was not shopping, but the RX was top of my current list, and during a couple of beers Saturday afternoon with the RX owner, I forked over the cash and became a restraint failure (again). I did pretty well, though, to make it this far, in my own mind...

Top Bottom