What's new

2016 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Christmas (GRU - Christmas)

Well my friends, we're on the last stretch, and a special nod to those about to complete their year long sabbatical for 2016! I don't know about anyone else but in the midst of this tumultuous year I have not been tempted by anything at all. I guess having two full-time jobs will do that to you ;-)

Unless there is someone raring to lead the GRU Spring, I'll be setting it up myself on Sunday. Seems I've found my specialty 'round here - restraints, Scotch and coffee! I'm also participating in the 2017 Shave Purchase Sabbatical and invite anyone interested to check it out.

Please do a quick check-in when you have the time, and let me know if you got your exception, if you had one. Please let me know if I missed anyone too please...

Wishing everyone a very Happy Holiday, with good cheer for all !!

:santa:

@mr_eleven
@MacQ

@SmurfK
@Haggises
@KQY61
@Maven454
@gwsmallwood
@MuhleShaver
@Clausewitz
@kstrac87
@CzechCzar
@Claudel Xerxes
@bobmsp
@vanhooglesnort
@byDoms
@CliffDweller

@CigarSmoka
@ZergoZatgai
@golem

Last edited:
I am still in and no temptation at all.

For next year, I am joining the 2017 sabbatical. I am pretty sure I am having way enough shaving soaps and creams to last through the whole year, but I have to evaluate how much AS/ASB I use during a year to make a list of what to buy in the last days of 2016, after the end of this restraint and before the 2017 sabbatical starts. Even if I have enough soaps and creams, after reading all the stuff about Haslinher on this forum, beside the AS/ASB, I will also order a puck or two of Haslinger.

Hi,

I am Still In, bought nothing, and will keep on going until Jan 1st when I have my Treewhale, er, Restock week before getting back into my restraints. :)

Stan

There are lots of great deals this time of year.
:a50:
You should pick up some of the seasonal soaps, like B&M Dickens, once they are gone ......

Think of that nice rich lather, and those fragrances, perfect for this time of year.

There are lots of great deals this time of year.
:a50:
You should pick up some of the seasonal soaps, like B&M Dickens, once they are gone ......
Think of that nice rich lather, and those fragrances, perfect for this time of year.

Well played...

:sailor:

Less than a week, this long nightmare is finally coming to an end. :laugh:

I'm considering 2017 at least Q1, how long do we have to restock?

Still time to pick up those great shaving supplies for Christmas.
For yourself, or even as stocking stuffers.

Hi,

Um, coming off this and going into either the Q1 or the year-long gives one until Jan 1st to acquire. The Jan 1-3 restock period would be for someone coming off the December-only month-long restraint.

Stan

Less than a week, this long nightmare is finally coming to an end. :laugh: I'm considering 2017 at least Q1, how long do we have to restock?

Hi, Um, coming off this and going into either the Q1 or the year-long gives one until Jan 1st to acquire. The Jan 1-3 restock period would be for someone coming off the December-only month-long restraint.

Stan

Correct!! Sorry for the confusion.

:santa:

Top Bottom