What's new

2015 Online Purchase Sabbatical

Hi,

Should this happen to me, I will be off to the ATT site to buy a new Slant razor. And, I *will* still be In! ;)

Stan

Edit: Because I listed that as my exception. :p

I got a job offer today, so being broke will soon be a thing of the past. Between that and the desire to celebrate, I'll have to focus on a new pipe instead of shave gear, or something. lol

Congrats on the job offer - as a former member of the unemployed club (laid off back in 2008), I know it feels good to have a new job!

Well, boys and girls, it's been fun, but I must bow out. I temporarily lost my mind and ended up with quite the treewhale. It all started with a certain butterscotch LE from another forum and it went downhill from there. I'm out of town so I haven't seen any of it yet, but when I get home I should have a brush, two razors and a bunch of soap and AS. That's what happens when one gets tempted after 18 months of not buying anything. I'm back on the wagon now, though. Good luck to everyone else left in!

18 months is a very respectable run at resisting. Sorry to see ya go, but on the plus side, fun new stuff to enjoy? :)

So hey guys! Whatever number I am...'m still in! almost 7 months and 5 dead soldiers later and I see nothing changing. Haven't been around the site much...which has probably helped.

Now...my oddities collection has since exploded.....

So hey guys! Whatever number I am...'m still in! almost 7 months and 5 dead soldiers later and I see nothing changing. Haven't been around the site much...which has probably helped.

Good to see you back tyrionstark. How have you been?

Hey hey man, how goes everything? :)

Ok guys, I need your advice.
I'm not sure if I am out. I was asked from a Facebook and forums friend if I would like to buy one of his straight razors. The offer was good and I agreed being glad to get my first straight. I will get the razor personally on a meet up in October. Now the offer was electronically but the buy itself is in person. What do you all think of this?
By the way, it's the first shave related buy this year ether online or offline.

Hi,

It is where the money changes hands. ;)

Stan
Unfortunately the money changed hands by PayPal. So he could inform others who were interested in the straight that it's gone.
So I'm out. Sorry for that. I was so confident that I can make it through the year.

To verify that I'm out, I bought a Bob's Razor Works Bull Mastiff NEW long comb from the same guy this morning. :blushing:

So, I was just thinking about this thread this morning and realized how long it's been since I posted. Still in and sailing along nicely. No online purchases for anything shaving related, however, with some charges on my debit card that I didn't make and having to go through hoops to get that fixed, I'm tempted to just quit making any online transactions. It's just getting crazy the number of times companies are getting hacked and our financial data is out there floating around. Tempted to go straight cash or check.

Anyway, still in!

Top Bottom