What's new

2015 Online Purchase Sabbatical

After the holiday of excess, are you ready to commit to less excess in 2015? If so, read on!

This sabbatical won't be for those with easy access to good B&M type shaving item stores. If you live near West Coast Shaving, or any of the other apothecaries <cough>Merz<cough> that have a large selection, or if the AoS store in the mall tempts you badly, and you feel the need to curb your purchasing AD's, this is NOT the sabbatical you are looking for. This will be a no exceptions sabbatical, so if you are looking to be able to buy that one magic unicorn you have been searching years to find, and stay in the sabbatical, this also not the sabbatical you are looking for.

For the rest of us, the guidelines are simple...

No online purchases of shaving products, items, and shaving related accessories during the sabbatical period. This includes using gift cards/gift certificates online for said shaving related items.

The sabbatical period is 12:00am Jan 1, 2015 to 11:59pm December 31, 2015.

If a member is coming off of the 2014 sabbatical, the 2015 sabbatical period for them will be 11:59pm January 7, 2015 to 11:59pm December 31, 2015.

Trading online is allowed, so long as the sabbatican does not put in any money as part of the trade, but paying shipping for your half of the trade is allowed.

The annual Sue Moore auction is exempt. Bidding and winning items in that do not knock you from the sabbatical.

B&B LE items are exempt.

B&B Contributions are exempt.

Facial hair care/maintenance type product is exempt from the sabbatical, since it's not shaving or shaving related. So, Beard/mustache wax, beard oil/balm/wash do not break the sabbatical. If the sabbatican is picking up mustache wax to work on an epic handlebar 'stache, pictures and progress updates are required!

So, if this generates enough interest of people to join, we'll all do this, and save some money to spend on other AD's... er, I mean, to buy our significant others a nice gift for next year's holidays.

Sign up below, I'll do my best at compiling and keeping a list of who's in, and all that fun stuff. lol

I am in. I have way too many stockpiled supplies. I think pretty much 99% is bought online. Occasionally the wife and I browse antique stores and the like, even more infrequently I find a razor that strikes my fancy.
I think to keep my Online-AD in check, I will keep a list of things I would like to buy online. If, after a year, I still want it, then I will get it then. I have succumbed to some "gotta have it now, buy it now" urges, and by the time the product arrives, I think "why did I buy this again?".

I think to keep my Online-AD in check, I will keep a list of things I would like to buy online. If, after a year, I still want it, then I will get it then. I have succumbed to some "gotta have it now, buy it now" urges, and by the time the product arrives, I think "why did I buy this again?".

Ah yes, the immediately urgency of the new product shiny's... I have fallen to that myself more than once. I did a wishlist like that when I did (and completed) the 2013 year long sabbatical, I ended up not really wanting anything off the list by about half way through the year, all said and done. lol

Hi,

I plan on being in the main 15 as well, but there is that little town near me just loaded with stores full of vintage stuff. I managed to stay away in 14, but who knows about 15.... So I will enter both. :)

Stan

I'm in. How long I will last, who knows, but I'll give it a go. I do have a nice treewha.....um..I mean restocking list for the first week in Jan, but other than that, it will be just in-person purchases. If I didn't join, Shave Rat would probably yell at me.

Last edited:
This one may struggle to get people signed up since it is buried in the Clubs and Brotherhoods section. This section doesn't show up in the New Posts or Unread section so not a lot of people will see it unless they are in another sabbatical and are cruising this section of the forum.

This one may struggle to get people signed up since it is buried in the Clubs and Brotherhoods section. This section doesn't show up in the New Posts or Unread section so not a lot of people will see it unless they are in another sabbatical and are cruising this section of the forum.

I was pretty sure this was where all the sabbatical threads are supposed to be, though, unfortunately. I didn't want to put it in the general forum incorrectly only to have it moved. Hrm..

Or, we'll have a very cozy friendly little group here... lol

I don't want to ask a mod about putting it where it would get more eye time till it starts... just doesn't seem like the right thing to request? *shrug*

Amazingly, in about 3/4 of a year, I have stockpiled enough stuff to keep me going through 2015. I'm planning on signing up for the full 2015 Sabbatical, but will sign up for this group, too!

what about those coming off the december sabbatical? do we get any restock time?

Honestly, not that I am one to judge, but it seemed to me that if someone is coming off of a 3 month sabbatical.. or a 1 month one, and needs a restocking time... they either really aren't stocked enough to be in a Sabbatical... or they *REALLY* need to be in the sabbatical, and shouldn't use a restock period. :lol:

I am not in! I can only do one year of denial at a time. However, I have subscribed the thread and will follow along with great interest. I may even offer a PIF late in 2015.

Top Bottom