What's new

2015 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Fall GRU Fall (GRU-Fall)

#11 of the GRU-Fall is officially OUT.

I won the auction I mentioned. I appreciate the ideas to consider this within the exception rules but it definitely isn't and I'm okay with that. I feel bad for not following through, but I couldn't pass up this lot.

Pictures will be forth-coming but probably not for about a week or so as the auction house said they deal with in-person load-outs first and then deal with all the shipping at once the following week.

Here's what I have cataloged based on the auction pictures.

- Super Adjustable (short handle)
- Slim Adjustable (I originally thought this was a flare tip SS but just realized otherwise now)
- Old Type
- Old Type head only
- Ball end tech
- Fat handle tech
- Tech on unknown handle
- Unknown bakelite? open comb
- Micromatic OC
- Durham Duplex?
- Schick "Paul Revere" injector (this is what caught my eye after the super adjustable)
- Valet Autostrop
- Gillette Twinjector with blades
- Cased Techmatic
- Unknown wooden barber style boar brush
- McGregor wooden soap dish with unknown contents
- What appears to be a Rolls razor hone
- Various other cases, SE/injector blades and doo-dads (including some jar rings and a fishing bobber...?)

It's been great guys, and you're almost there! I'm off to buy some other injector blades to be stocked up for GRU-Christmas!

#12 still in. Today is my one year anniversary on B&B! Hopefully I'll get a shave in this morning as I'm working from home today which always messes with my schedule a bit.

#12 still in. Today is my one year anniversary on B&B! Hopefully I'll get a shave in this morning as I'm working from home today which always messes with my schedule a bit.

Happy one year anniversary!!! Mines coming up next month!!
Edit: just ran a search and my anniversary is 10/05!!!
That was the day of my first post.. :)

Last edited:
#11 of the GRU-Fall is officially OUT. I won the auction I mentioned.

redrider_99 - Out for auction win

1. mr_eleven - no exceptions
2. Bluebriz - no exceptions - OUT (GFT Skin Food)
3. cvargo - Synthetic Brush - OUT for Saponoficio Verasino 70th, Chiseled Face AS, I Colonali and MWF
4. kansaskyle - bathroom shelving/display
5. Galaktus - Barbasol razor
6. Kevdogg 329 - Dorco Pace 6 blades
7. Dave-the-rave - 1 x Erasmic soap - OUT (Vintage Shefffield Straight)
8. JaredB - Chiseled Face Summer Storm - OUT (Stocking & Projects)
9. Vespasian - TFS Bergamotto Neroli AS splash
10. Socialjunk95 - Edwin Jagger Synthetic Silvertip..
11. redrider_99 - Gillette adjustable "in the wild" - OUT (auction win)
12. MuhleShaver - no exceptions.
13. Bocefus- Whipped Dog Synthetic brush
14. Billy Goatee - Badger Knot - OUT (Various vacation items)
15. engblom - Own made razor
16. Stoof2010 - GSB blades
17. KQY61 - ATT Slant
18. Cosmos Mariner - Without Exception
19. Eeyore -22mm WD synthetic - OUT (Gents Synthetic Brush)
20. DanCPA - synthetic brush (model TBD)
21. cbrf3_97 - no exceptions
22. Krakatoa - Proraso Green soap
23. Gig103 - B&M and Chiseled Face samples
24. Jonoc9997 - Paladin Shave brush
25. SmurfK - Semogue OC Boar
26. Blade4vor - Norton Waterstone Set
27. CzechCzar - no exceptions - OUT (Wolfman Razor)
28. againstthegrain - knot TBD
29. pbrmhl - Wolfman open comb - OUT for Face of Danger Aftershave
30. jjking54 - B&M Arctique
31. Jarick - Shavemac brush - Out for Feather AS-D2
32. Benzology - no exception​

Well its 7am on Wednesday the 23rd here in Bangkok... does that mean I've officially succeeded?

1. Gentlemanly Restraint starts at 12:00:01am (local time) on July 1st, 2015.
  2. Gentlemanly Restraint ends at 11:59:59pm (local time) on September 23rd, 2015.
  3. Start and end time are based on your local time zone.

:001_rolle

Feels great to be approaching another finish line at full stride to power on through to the next one. Glad to be completing another one with you fine gents.

#18 in it 'til the bitter end!

#26 made it!

Thank you mr_eleven for leadinng this Restraint and leading very admirably!

Thank you to the rest of you in this Restraint! You have all made it very entertaining as well as being very supportive!

THANKS!

OK, so I have until tonight, but I already overcame a HUGE temptation in the past week, so I think I'm good to go!

Last edited:
I wish I had hung out here a bit more these past weeks, but school started up again and I was riding my road bike hither and tither and then caught the dreaded teacher cold. Ick. But I will have a very interesting picture to share tomorrow, showing the last ring of love in my CRSW tin. It's actually quite beautiful at this point and keeps filling my brush with loads of goodness each and avery time. It may even last 5 more shaves!

I'll have pictures and updates and well-wishes tomorrow - cheers!!!

:thumbup::blink::thumbup::blink::thumbup:

Final day gents!!!
Home stretch.
I want to thank everyone who participated in this and helped keep me from spending all I have on more stuff.
Work, then class directly after... I think this one's in the bag lol.
Congrats to all that made it through this round!!!

I wish I had hung out here a bit more these past weeks, but school started up again and I was riding my road bike hither and tither and then caught the dreaded teacher cold. Ick. But I will have a very interesting picture to share tomorrow, showing the last ring of love in my CRSW tin. It's actually quite beautiful at this point and keeps filling my brush with loads of goodness each and avery time. It may even last 5 more shaves!

I'll have pictures and updates and well-wishes tomorrow - cheers!!!

:thumbup::blink::thumbup::blink::thumbup:

There are no worries here about the time you've spent on the thread the past few weeks. I wouldn't imagine anyone would begrudge you your time at all. To me, you started us out well and set the tone. Those who've dropped out likely would have anyway. I, for one, felt your leadership in this restraint and thank you for that.

Now, the fact that you take on a crowd of 5th graders on a daily basis, well now, that earns you a whole new level of respect! Thank you for what you have done and thank you for what you will do! Carry on!

I will be looking for the pict(s) of that little ring of CRSW Citrus.

Hi,

The time of day, heck even the day itself, is meaningless for me. I have to keep on until Zero Hundred hours on 1 Jan 2016. ;)

So, Still In - even while y'all are restocking for the GRUC. :)

Stan

#22 looking good to finish in 11 1/2 hours. The only purchase I made was my exception, and even that I didn't need at the time...

#12 still in. I should be fine until the end of the day - although I do need to check on how Barrister and Mann's stock of Leviathan is holding up.

Top Bottom