What's new

2015 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Christmas (GRU - Christmas)

Still out :)

SOTD:
Semogue 1250
New SC
Astra SP (1)
Sue Moore TTFFC Pink Grapefruit soap
Thayer's Supermedicated
Fine L'Orange Noir

Nice neck shave today ... the L'orange is new to me ... and so far I like it. The Mrs. is out of town for work, so I'll be eager to get her thoughts on it when she returns

#4 still in.

SOTD
Razor: Gillette early war Tech
Blade: Lord Platinum
Brush: B7B Essential boar
Soap: GFT Violet
Aftershave: GFT Spanish Leather

Bad news... :(

It's sort of strange, but this restraint and the last I've come across product lots that I just couldn't pass up.

This deal is not as great as the last but it's again something I don't want to pass up. Pictures when I receive my spoils.

# 17 out.

Hang in there guys! Almost there! Still in and your fearless leader is checking in from the most magical [christmas] place on Earth, Disney World! We'll be here through Thursday, then it's only a week more!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
14 still in and irked that I don't stop until new year's. Should have not started the monthly restraint.

Hi,

If it is any consolation, I have to wait as well, being in the Yearly.

And, more consolation, I had to stay restrained while the Monthly and Quarterly guys got to buy some stuff.... ;)

Stan

#10 still in and staying strong on not purchasing shaving stuff. I may have just kicked my shaving ADs by getting back into fountain pens. I just purchased a Jinhao 149 pen at a staggering $9, as well as two inks and a converter for a pen that I've had for over a decade. I'm still trying to figure out what happened to the two bottles of ink I had in the past - they're probably still in a moving box in the garage.

-Steve

Probably the last update until the final count on Christmas Eve. Keep strong, I'm sure everyone is busy getting ready for the holidays!

GRU - Christmas 2016
22/31 (70%) Still "In"

1. S.D. Ryan - no exceptions.
2. Kevdogg329 - Ogallila bay rum as
3. KQY61 - ATT Slant
4. Pepin - OC Aristocrat
5. Krakatoa - Proraso Green shaving soap
6. kansaskyle - Bathroom shelving/display
7. Martym - No Exceptions
8. Bladeslinger1989 - Mitchell's wool fat soap
9. Lfs70 - Wiborg brush - OUT
10. MuhleShaver - Rapira Stainless blades 100ct
11. DrColossus11 - OUT on horn handle
12. Benzology - no exceptions
13. Aristeros - no exceptions
14. CzechCzar - iKon Shavecraft 102
15. Cosmos Mariner - No Exception
16. CBLindsay - No Exception
17. redrider_99 - OUT on ???
18. Stubbletrouble - No exceptions - Somebody help me please!
19. jjking54 - OUT on Hallows AS
20. Bocefus - OUT on TREEWHALE

21. Snookledon - no exceptions
22. vanhooglesnort - no exceptions
23. Sprzout - Gillette adjustable razor (if I can find it in the antique stores in NM at the beginning of Oct)
24. Haggises - OUT on a styptic pencil
25. Rory1262 - no exceptions
26. mr_eleven - no exceptions
27. Kooze- OUT on brush and Floid Blue
28. Deezle - OUT on a short handle Merkur Progress
29. Jarick - OUT on a Plissoft

30. Jude - no exceptions
31. 19TPL91 - no exceptions

#4 still in.

SOTD
Brush: Omega 49 boar
Aftershave: Tabac

#25 still in...but mulling whether to drop out a day or so early. Here's why.
I'm traveling to Japan, and since I'm staying at my in-laws, I will be bringing minimal gear: just a cart razor.
I have a little bit of brushless cream but not enough for the couple of weeks I'll be there.
I could either get a little tube of something here -- I'm leaning toward either Jack Black or Kiss My Face -- or take my chances with a Japanese product. The few creams are not well regarded, from what I've read, so I'd probably be looking at a gel.

#10 still in. Thankfully my hobby-information addictions have pulled me away from B&B for the past week. So that has kept me from looking at any shave related stuff. That's probably what I'll need to do to make it through the yearly restraint next year too.

#4 still in.

SOTD
Brush: Omega 49 boar
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman original - finished the bottle this morning :001_smile

Congrats to those who were successful. I'm still very much enjoying my progress, might have to go in on the next restraint though.

Top Bottom