What's new

2015 DE Shaving Start-Up KISS PIF for newbies

If this is still open, I'm in. Very new (2 days) so yeah... I am currently doing my bi-daily (yay being 16) shaving with a Micro Touch one, edge sensitive skin shaving gel and some Gillette sensitive skin aftershave. This is coming from ~1 year of electric shaves and even this cheap DE with cheap (canned) gel and aftershave lotion, it 1000% better than te ~$100 electric razor I had (4-5 passes for an acceptable but patchy shave).

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
NOT in. What a great PIF!

I'm a noob, but I'm pretty well set for starting up (a little TOO well set, if you ask SWMBO--but don't ask her, please?)

This is the sort of thing that has me all jazzed up about this board and DE shaving, as a whole. Bravo, sir!

TL

I'M IN. My start date is a couple weeks ago: 12/22/14, athlough I had been reading on here for about 2 months before I posted anything. I used to shave once a week at most because I hated it. I had a friend tell me about how much better wetshaving is so I read a lot on here and bought brush, DE razor, and bought a bunch of samples. I ended up getting a Merkur 34c, Semogue 1800, and samples from Maggards, as well as Garrys sample shop. My first real shave was decent, but not incredible. From there it just got better and better, to the point that I shave almost daily now. The huge range of options of scents and combinations of soaps/creams/aftershaves, along with the feeling of a good shave are what has changed my thoughts on shaving. There is actually a lot to learn for a newbie like me, from the millions of options out there which ones are good, to how to lather some of the harder soaps like the Tabac and MWF I got samples of. I have to give credit to B&B for almost all of the info I have gotten while diping into the world of wet shaving. I've had my eye on some stirling soaps for a while, but am waiting for my wife to lift my shave spending ban. After the razor, brush, a new knot from TGN to make a new custom brush, and a couple sets of samples (blades, soaps, creams, aftershaves) she has decided I've spent enough on shave stuff... She doesn't understand why I need more when I haven't used up my samples yet.

If I won this, I would PIF the razor and brushes. I have a coworker that I convinced to get a real razor, and he is using shave gel with his goo razor because he has no brush...he would get one brush. This is a great PIF, that's why I love this forum, very generous members with info as well as products.

LAST DAY TO PLAY this PIF.
Thanks everyone for participating and all the brilliant entries and wonderful feedback.

I'm a newbie and I think this is a fantastic idea! However, I won't include myself (despite being a poor student) as I've recently acquired all the different bits of equipment that I need (what's a student overdraft for, if not to spend it on luxurious shaving items).

This is something I really love about B&B and look forward to being in a position where I can start helping people out myself!

Gentlemen, the moment you've been waiting for. And the envelope, please.

The universe has spoken, the I Ching prognosticated, the random hooha generator generated, something melted, and out popped:

phrogpilot73

Congratulations and enjoy, and do PIF along whatever you're not keen on or using.

Thanks all for baring your faces and souls, with charm, wit, appreciation, self revelation and insight. Thanks too, for B&B and the forum moderators for helping me to help (and be helped by) others.

Keep the PIFs rolling!

Last edited:
If this is still open, I'm in. Very new (2 days) so yeah... I am currently doing my bi-daily (yay being 16) shaving with a Micro Touch one, edge sensitive skin shaving gel and some Gillette sensitive skin aftershave. This is coming from ~1 year of electric shaves and even this cheap DE with cheap (canned) gel and aftershave lotion, it 1000% better than te ~$100 electric razor I had (4-5 passes for an acceptable but patchy shave).
Hey Ccnati, special goo intervention/consolation PIF:
I've got another ACE Shaving Boar brush and a Palmolive Soap Stick for you. It's popular in the UK & EU.
Put aside the frankengoo for a spell, boy, and check out face lathering with brush and soap! For me it's one of the best parts of shaving.

Take a few moments to educate yourself about how to face lather with a soapstick and brush. Always feel free to ask me (or anyone on B&B) for help.
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/wiki.badgerandblade.com/Category:Lathering

Last edited:
Top Bottom