What's new

2014 Scent/Fragrance of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php
YSL Rive Gauche PH

Royal Amber AA
by ASAQ

Royal Amber AA has a strange opening of briny salty ambergris and bergamot that gives it a strange lemon cleaner kind of smell, but more than that, a scrubbed clean freshness with a little funkiness in the background, like you just cleaned the bathroom. After some time this backs off and some really good woodiness comes in, clearly a touch of oud. At this point it smells like large pieces ofdriftwood drying out in the hot sun. The citrus note is long gone and the focus here is oud and amber in a nice almost hay-like balance of sweetness, woodiness, and ambergris. Then there's the presence of some spices, at first I'm thinking cinnamon, but then it smells more like cloves to me, or perhaps something else - it's almost Christmas-like, and not overpowering at all, just a subtle but adequate balance with the rest of the notes. For the rest of the day after that, the drydown was basically oud and amber with the oud dominating. This one did not last after the gym and a shower like many of the others but the interplay between oud and ambergris was very appealing. Also, while this one is not as appealing as many of the other ASAQ blends, I did especially like the strange "clean" notes up top a lot, which were peculiar but fascinating.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom