What's new

2014 Scent/Fragrance of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky Mountain High
From the Cannabis Collection
by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

Balsam fir, Bergamot, Cannabis, Currant bud, Choya Nakh, Chrysanthemum absolute, Clary sage, Juniper, Coniferous woods, Arborvitae, Fossilized amber resin, Frankincense, Galbanum, Grean oakmoss, Green pepper, Hemp, Herbaceous notes, Marihuna, Pine needle

Yes, incense! And pine! And leather! and of course, marijuana... This is a very nicely composed perfume with a citrus-weed opening that is quickly wrapped up in turpenes and a slightly hot peppery note. An accord of incense and conifers sweeps in to bolster the marijuana accord bringing a triumvirate religious context derived from the mysticism of the orthodoxy, the spiritual inspiration of alpine asceticism, and the transcendentalism of mind-altering substances (namely marijuana). The weed note actually disappears slowly leaving in its wake a sweet plummy leather note that is both warm and rugged, bringing to mind myrrh and labdanum - neither of which are listed as notes, though. I get much better longevity out of this one that the other two I tried (Agrestic, Green House) and the funky leather note means I'll get a lot more use out of this one, too. Delightfully fun and serious at the same time.

proxy.php

Nice picture. I always thought that she was an attractive woman. :)

I Love You, Mary Jane
from the Cannabis Collection
by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

Blackberry, Cannabis, Damascus rose absolute, East indian patchouli, Easter lily, Jasminum grandiflorum, Green mandarin, Grean oakmoss, Hemp, Mango, Marihuna, Mountain sage, Osmanthus absolute, Rhubarb, Jasmine sambac, Sandalwood, White grapefruit, Yuzu

I know this smell. I know it well. Candles, fruit-chuli perfume, lingering smell of pot smoke. Oh yes, this is the smell of every girls' dorm room I frequented in college. It has the same pot and juicy grapefruit opening as Agrestic but then (almost immediately) is embraced by an accord of very sweet fruits and waxy candles. The fruity notes threw me for a while - for a long time I thought it reminiscent of watermelon or strawberries but a second application made clear it was more of a blackcurrant note. The sweetness of the fruity notes die down after a while but that waxy candle note lingers for the rest of the day and the cannabis note in this one is not nearly as prominent as it is in the other three in this collection. In fact, after the initial blast of it, it pretty much just takes a back seat and lets the waxy fruits do all the driving. The patchouli note is a little more obvious later as well. In so many ways, this one reminds me of something from House of Matriarch (Forbidden and Om come to mind) due to the clear associations with the late 20th century version of the counter-culture that I experienced. It also brings to mind a candle I once had from Etat Libre d'Orange (something Soldier something, I can't remember). I Love You, Mary Jane, is all sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll to me, but instead of screaming it in your ear, it sneaks over stealthily like a cat on velvety paws - and purrs. This is hands down my favorite from the Cannabis Collection but not the one I'll most likely wear. I can think a few people who could wear it for me, though (calling Nancy Botwin).

proxy.php

I Know Axe products are not highly thought of on these boards but Axe Shield post shave works extremely well for me and I use it every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom