What's new

2014 Formula 1 pre-season discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see how it's going to work at Ferrari this season: their MO has always been to have a clear distinction between the number one driver and the other guy whose job it is to pick up points and be ready to get out of Schumi or Alonso's way.

Can they really provide two equal cars and equal attention to 2 World Champions?

Can they really provide two equal cars and equal attention to 2 World Champions?

I think the question is, can they develop a car that suits both?

If not then Alonso might have an advantage.

As far as I am aware, Kimi is more sensitive to having the car to his liking and Alonso is more able to grab any car by it's neck and drive it to it's potential.

Rooting for Kimi anyway.

I think the question is, can they develop a car that suits both?

If not then Alonso might have an advantage.

As far as I am aware, Kimi is more sensitive to having the car to his liking and Alonso is more able to grab any car by it's neck and drive it to it's potential.

Rooting for Kimi anyway.

I hadn't given that much thought for some reason. You are dead on though. Think how Grojean succeeded when Lotus couldn't get the steering right for Kimi. Very insightful.

Alonso does have that ability to drag a car around the track. He's very pointy and heavy on the front tires, puts more energy into the car. Kimi has better direction change, and during the race a better ability to mitigate any car issues that come along, but seems overly sensitive with initial car setup. Definitely going to be interesting. I am more of a Kimi fan but I like Alonso too, both are top of the food chain fer sure.

One thing I think will happen, or at least hope will happen, is Kimi doesn't play the Ferrari team orders game.

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Whatever problems Ferrari may have this year, they can't blame it on the quality of their drivers. They have two of the very best.

Hmm, what seems to be going on at McLaren?
Will Ron toss Martin out?
Is Ross coming to the rescue?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
McLaren is one of those teams that is in it for the long haul, so I can't picture them being down in the dumps for too long. Then again, so is Williams, and look what they're going through.

McLaren is one of those teams that is in it for the long haul, so I can't picture them being down in the dumps for too long. Then again, so is Williams, and look what they're going through.

McLaren still has a decent budget and will be partnering with the best engine manufacturer in the world from next year on.

I guess they will be using this year to put the structure in place in order to be a contender in 2015.

I always found Martin to be quite a likeable guy, maybe too likeable for McLaren. Ron is more a results driven badass.

I agree, that might be the most beautiful car they've ever produced, although the purist in me thinks there are some sexy cars in the background of those pics :)

The Lotus looks pretty sweet, but Boullier is out and most likely taking Martin's job.
McLaren has a cool paintjob!

I hope you all have seen what they named the new Ferrari. F14T. FIAT. hilarious.

I must admit I did not spot the FIAT but it's indeed a nice bridge. So far I like the lotus front end best, especially from the side.

The most interesting for me is to see the different approaches from the teams. Next year they will probably all look like Newey's solution (whatever it will be) if it's not banned.

Last edited:
Ferrari did not disappoint with bringing another interpretation of a 2014 nose but IMHO it's the ugliest of the bunch so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom