What's new

2014 Badger & Blade Awards - Shaving Brushes Under $150

I've had this same brush for 6 years now. It was the first luxury and silvertip brush I purchased. Excellent review.

PS Could this be an indication as to where the new Brush Buyers Guide (Brush Wars) is headed?

A great choice. The article says not much has changed since the Brush Wars 7 years ago, but I think the loft has been lowered on all the SRs since then. Backbone will be even better.

One of those brands I never tried and know I'll have to some day. Looks like a really nice one. I REALLY like that they give you the hair weight. If their lofts are consistently accurate; that's a big absolute that it'd be nice to see more makers engage in (I wouldn't be surprised to see makers like Shavemac start doing that).

I just remembered this and I wonder how many people do: When Rooney sold the last few batches of Finests, they gave specs, measured knot diameter, loft and weight of each individual brush. I think that was what sold me on buying my Finest, to this day the best shaving brush purchase I ever made. I REALLY like it when vendors make the extra effort to inform the consumer about things that typically are considered "unnecessary information". If only there was a bit more of that in the shaving brush market, it'd be a much better place.

Last edited:
I've used several of their models, and multiple versions thereof, and they have all been remarkably consistent in knot size and loft.

I have the 3824 and it is the best cream brush I own. However it is also a good soap brush. I don't expect to ever get rid of it.

What shaving bowl is this?
$SR6-1024x682.jpg

I have never seen or used an SR brush but this one looks very similar to my Shavemac 177 23mm finest. Any relation between the two manufacturers?

Top Bottom