What's new

2013 - Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Gentlemanly Insanity

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
As a recipient of one of Brian's prizes I will tell you that it is simply luck, but also pretty good odds. The participant list is usually small to start with and it will dwindle as time goes by. Then one day, Brian might buy a bunch of stuff and post about it, the next few posters after that will be the winners of the prizes. I think I was number 4 (out of maybe a dozen left) and Brian sent me a new TGN silvertip brush set in an Ever-Ready handle. So that's about it.

Then we talk about how well or not so well that we are holding up. There will be a few hecklers and a few will fall and post pics of what made them cave. There will be a lot of "Still in" posts and the occasional roll call to see who's still on-board.
I will not heckle this year, I will harangue:001_smile. Seriously, I will not be an enabler in the sabbatical thread this year.

I only have LE Items on my exceptions list, just two or three brushes I have my eye on. Other than that, I'm in this to try and save my money, not for prizes.

Last edited:
I only have LE Items on my exceptions list, just a two or three brushes I have my eye on. Other than that, I'm in this to try and save my money, not for prizes.

+1

I need help to stop hitting the "Bid" button on ebay and such, without really really really thinking it all the way through. lol

I also need to slow down and enjoy the razors and products I have. I realized this when trying to make some sort of logical rotation to fit them all in took a *lot* longer that it seemed it should have.

WOW, that is some list! I think my current jar of MdC will last the year in rotation, otherwise that would make me break! I need to take stock to make sure I have enough blades for my Cobra, I know I have more than enough DE blades.

I am embarrassed to say I have never tried any SCS yet. What do you suggest, Brian. I can get one or two in before 1/1...

The Pumpkin and Bulgarian Rose are off the hook as well as the Coconut.

So true, I have 50+ soaps and creams.

50!!! Dang Mike! And here I thought I was overboard with 15!
Just out of curiosity though, what brands ya got? :biggrin1:

I don't know about you guys, but my "rotation" is dictated by an on the fly, what am I feeling today method. I'm thinking that as part of my Sabbatical, I'm going to take what I have and setup an actual rotation that allows for everything to get used equally. I currently have 15 soaps/creams, so I'm a day over a two week rotation. I'd like to make this easy though... should I drop one or buy 6 more to reach a 3 week rotation? :biggrin1:

Anyone else want/need to setup something like this for themselves? We could help each other plan it out :001_cool:

Last edited:
50!!! Dang Mike! And here I thought I was overboard with 15!

Just out of curiosity though, what brands ya got? :biggrin1:

I believe most of them are artisan soaps.

Off the top of my head:

JabonMan
Mike's Natural Soaps
Olivia's Crema
Calani
Malaspina Soap Factory
Prairie Creations
Queen Charlotte Soaps
D.R. Harris
De Vergulde Hand

And the list goes on :blink:

I'm in Bruce I just finished a quick shopping spree for some soaps and blades! I'm pretty sure I can hold off for the entire year

I'm in Bruce I just finished a quick shopping spree for some soaps and blades! I'm pretty sure I can hold off for the entire year

Woohoo, glad to see you join:

2013 Entrants:

1. brucered
2. Alpine Dad
3. gmgaj
4. the_edski
5. Alias
6. MickToley
7. vreddy2000
8. beeranon
9. jdto
10. mol81
11. jeddy61
12. Tim_McD
13. jojoc
14. brianw
15. beginish
16. mikeschu
17. Shave_Rat
18. Dave258
19. CyberJCM
20. edgerunner
21. OldSaw
22. Dirk-Lerxst-Pratt
23. Buster Casey
24. OldGreyGuy
25. andrestole
26. Haggises
27. random-hero

If I have missed anyone, please post here "I'm In" as well as any exceptions and I'll add you to the list (or feel free to copy and paste the list with your name added)

I think I'm Ready

$HPIM1303.jpg
$HPIM1304.jpg

$HPIM1307.jpg

$HPIM1306.jpg

I believe most of them are artisan soaps.

Off the top of my head:

JabonMan
Mike's Natural Soaps
Olivia's Crema
Calani
Malaspina Soap Factory
Prairie Creations
Queen Charlotte Soaps
D.R. Harris
De Vergulde Hand

And the list goes on :blink:

Nice Mike! I think you need some Italian goodness in that lineup!

BTW, I'm making a go at that JabonMan today!

Ah... never mind, I'm not gonna be in.

That's ok, it seemed you are still trying to sort out some of the stuff you like and don't like, experimenting with fragrances and AS, etc.. I tried to do a previous restraint while I was in that stage... it was doomed to fail, and not any fun at all.

Top Bottom