What's new

2013 Boston Marathon

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Needless to say, our zero tolerance policy will be in full force regarding this matter.

My sister-in-law ran this today. Thankfully we were just able to get in contact with her and verify the she and all the people she was with are ok.

Still praying for all the others who are affected.

I just heard that they found ( and detonated ) an additional device. Bomb dogs are in the area & all off-duty police/fire/ems have been called in. I also heard that they have closed down Boston airspace.

(This is mostly from EMS/Police scanners, so it may or may not be 100% accurate).

Taborcarn - I'm glad to hear that your Sister-in-law and everyone she was with is OK.

Last edited:
I'm watching video now and it doesn't look good. There still isn't much context for the video that we're seeing, but it looks like the second explosion took place in a densely crowded area. An AP reporter has just said that she has seen dozens of serious injuries. Horrible.

This just rips my heart out, I'm a praying man, wont you all that are willing, please pray for the wounded and the families that have been impacted.

Wow. Sick people in this world. Authorities believe several other devices were found that did not go off (unconfirmed at this moment).

NY Post updated it to 12 dead, almost 50 injured. They also have a suspect in custody at one of the hospitals.

Last edited:
If you're anything like me during times like this, after the stunned silence wears off there's often a feeling of helplessness and desperation. While we all may have different ideas on how to address the broader issues contributing to violence, one thing that seems to unite us is a deep, righteous obligation to support victims and emergency responders.

One thing you can do TODAY is become a blood donor. Your unit will probably be used close to where you donated, but even if that isn't Boston, you could still be a hero and save someone's life today. If you haven't considered becoming a blood donor, I urge you to consider it today: http://www.redcross.org

As we've seen today and recently, we never really predict when a crisis might occur. But we can all help be prepared if it does:

$untitled.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom