What's new

2012-- Shave Purchase Sabbatical--Gentlemanly Restraint

I suggest at least 4 shaves on a blade although if you were a SE user you easily could get 7 and if like me you salt in the straight at least 3 days a week......just saying

lol. Some of us don't have a straight yet. And, I often get as many as 7 shaves per Feather, so I wil likely actually have plenty of blades to get me through a full year. But, you never quite know... :lol:

Well, I managed to pass up 30% off Hypnose by Lancome, and a whopping 50% off the ENTIRE Amouage range (womens, mens and the library collection). That Opus III was close to getting me to bail on the purchase ban.
Although I feel good for having stood strong and remained on sabbatical, I can't help but feel a little dead inside :)

Kudos to those that are staying strong.

50% off amouage? WHERE????

Well, I managed to pass up 30% off Hypnose by Lancome, and a whopping 50% off the ENTIRE Amouage range (womens, mens and the library collection). That Opus III was close to getting me to bail on the purchase ban.
Although I feel good for having stood strong and remained on sabbatical, I can't help but feel a little dead inside :)

Kudos to those that are staying strong.

Since I started with this hobby, I don't think I've gone a week without buying something. I have gone since December 26th. The auction I'm drooling over ends tomorrow. That will be a real test for me. My 7-day set project is at risk...

unh, I just bought something, but here's the deal. It's just to fill out my collection of Aristocrats, if I don't use it for shaving, is it really shave related? I'm not going to shave with it.

-jim

Since I started with this hobby, I don't think I've gone a week without buying something. I have gone since December 26th. The auction I'm drooling over ends tomorrow. That will be a real test for me. My 7-day set project is at risk...

Jack...about the only chance of success is to stay the hell away from fleabay & the BST. There's nothing but temptation there my friend. Steer clear!

I hear you, man. I am currently in love with Wade & Butcher Bow Razors. I just recently picked up a really sweet 6/8" specimen, which took my Bow Razor tally to 5. There is one up on the Bay right now that is calling my name. But I know there will be others.

50% off amouage? WHERE????

It was here in Oz - David Jones (a department store) had them all 50% off. We pay a premium for things in Oz, so the original prices were about $450 for the bottles, but it's still a hell of a saving.

I tried the Amouage Gold Man (among others) and really didn't like it, but there were some great scents in the range.

Hey, Brian, does replenishment of goods completely used up count? Getting to the end of my Proraso Pre/Post jar.

Top Bottom