What's new

2012 Father's Day PIF

2012 FATHER’S DAY PIF​
Gentlemen, June is fast approaching and that means Father’s Day. I’ve been thinking for some time about doing a PIF as a nod to my fellow members and especially to those who are devoted to being good fathers. So, here is what I’ve come up with:

$DSC01105.jpg

THE GOODS
1. From my own rotation, your choice of either a cased Pocket Edition Silver Old Type with a 5 pack of Astra blades or a shave ready Hamburg Ring straight.
2. A warm lather scuttle in sea green from Tom’s Thumb Pottery, Lebanon, Maine. I love this scuttle, think you will too.
3. A stick of Arko soap.
3. A large tube of C. O. Bigelow cream
4. A restored silvertip badger brush with vintage handle
5. A bottle of Aqua Velva AS
6. A sample of my own homemade Bay Rum AS in atomizer
7. A full 2.5 oz. glass bottle of Old Spice Cologne, Shulton Original
8. A restored Esterbrook J Model fountain pen.
9. A bottle of ink.

In order to qualify, you only need to meet one of the following criteria:

1. Have become a father between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012. (Does not need to be your first child)
2. Have legally adopted a child at any time in your life.
3. Currently be on active military duty and, because of that, not able to be with your children on Father’s Day this year.
4. Have made a donation of $25.00 or more to The Prostate Cancer Foundation between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012
5. Have made an additional or new donation of $25.00 or more to Badger and Blade between the time you read this and June 30, 2012.

Of course, implicit in all of this is that you are the best dad you can be! No proof of purchase needed, the word of any B&B member suits me just fine. All entrys will be assigned a number in the order received, just PM me that you qualify and how, i.e what number from the list above. My ledger is officially open and will continue to be so until midnight on July 5, 2012. The second place finisher will receive the razor not chosen by the winner plus a couple additional goodies. Winner will be chosen by random number selector and I‘ll do my best to keep my inbox available but please try again if it’s full as I have no idea how many PM’s I’ll receive. GOOD LUCK and HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!

That's very generous! Good luck to everyone that enters. I don't quite fit the requirements but that's a nice selection (so not in)! But did want to commend windrider, and join in on thanking all those other dads out there!

I would like to be included. I have three kids (8,6 & 2) and try to be the best Dad I can be. It's tougher after 3 as you have to go from man-to-man to zone defense.

I give every year to prostate cancer research. Best of luck to all; thanks for the PIF and a great Father's Day to all.

Not eligible, but I wanted to drop in and say fantastic PIF. I'm a father myself and it's the most challenging and rewarding job on the planet. And by the way, Grips, the man-on-man to zone defense? That is just classic. Well played! Good luck everyone!

Wow, great PIF, windrider! I do qualify, but please do not include me. Just wanted to tip the ol' cap to you for this exceptionally generous gesture.

That's a mighty fine PIF. All excellent things. I don't qualify so I am NOT in.

This is a good reminder for me to get something good for my own father.

A reminder that the Fathers Day PIF will close in a couple of weeks. Eligible members are encouraged to submit their entries.

Happy Fathers Day to all dads.

I'd like to be included in this, my daughter was born last September and my son is 8. The best thing to ever happen to me! Great PIF

This is an incredibly generous PIF! I don't qualify as our second child is due in July but hats off to you for an amazing PIF sir. Happy Fathers Day windrider!

Wow thats incredible! I dont qualify, but you're post surely makes me want to go out and get a girl pregnant so that I could. Haha!

That's an amazing PIF! I don't currently qualify, but good luck to those who do. (Although it doesn't really help anyone if I wish everyone an equal amount of luck, does it?)

Wow, it is awesome generosity like this that helps make this forum great - great job windrider for doing all this

also Happy Fathers Day to all of us who are

Top Bottom