What's new

2011 R41 Slant?

Would it be possible to make a slant (actually torsioned) version of The 2011 Muhle R41? Or to put it another way: does this question even make any sense? Is it possible to take a regular DE and make "the" twisted, torsioned version of it?

If it could be done (and who can say what screwy thing the people at Muhle might do), imagine the possibility of a slightly more efficient version that was less harsh for having exchanged high flutter for rigid blade torsioning...

Is this a meaningless question, or is anybody else salivating?

If I had a third 2011 R41 I wouldn't tamper with it in anyway. It's perfect just the way it is.

BUT, if Muhle made a slant razor, I would listen. Potentially break sabbatical. Potentially...

Would it be possible to make a slant (actually torsioned) version of The 2011 Muhle R41? Or to put it another way: does this question even make any sense? Is it possible to take a regular DE and make "the" twisted, torsioned version of it?

If it could be done (and who can say what screwy thing the people at Muhle might do), imagine the possibility of a slightly more efficient version that was less harsh for having exchanged high flutter for rigid blade torsioning...

Is this a meaningless question, or is anybody else salivating?

It's easy to do. Just hand your razor to Superman and ask him to twist the head. He might need to heat it up first with his laser beam eye trick.

To answer your question, I'm not sure an R41 slant would really be an improvement. However, you can try it yourself. According to someone wiser than I, the Gillette Slide basically makes any razor into a slant.

It's easy to do. Just hand your razor to Superman and ask him to twist the head. He might need to heat it up first with his laser beam eye trick.

To answer your question, I'm not sure an R41 slant would really be an improvement. However, you can try it yourself. According to someone wiser than I, the Gillette Slide basically makes any razor into a slant.
iv

It would definitely yield part of the effect, but not the rigid blade torsioning (it would still flutter). For various reasons I'm no good as yet with the slide method in any case.

Top Bottom