What's new

2008 B&B LE Brush

I can't be the only one still using mine every single week and loving it, its the best brush I own of the 3 I ended up keeping in standard rotation.

But the only recent thread I've read about it had a few comments about it being to small, am I alone in thinking that it was the ultimate face latherers brush and that the size was ideal?

I'm sorry but I wasn't around back then. Would you kindly share more information on this brush, & perhaps a picture?

Thanks!

I've been using mine every day for a while now and I'm 100% positive that there isn't any other brush for me.
It's perfect for face lathering.
Here is a thread I started about it some time ago:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=223449&stc=1&d=1330099256

Here's a the pic from that thread just to make you drool :drool:

attachment.php

Here is mine... I got it off BST earlier this year. I was lucky as not many come up. The knot is very unique - you won't find any regular Kent with this knot. It is dense and has a short loft (21/46mm I believe). Great face lathering brush. Soft tips (not Thäter soft) with a nice comfortable scrub. No scritch. I used to have a BK4 and did not like it (floppy). This LE is a great brush and probably the only Kent I will ever own...

$IMG_0754.jpg

I agree with the OP - the '08 is my favorite B&B LE... badger, that is. I agree it is wonderful for face lathering - and a perfect size for me.

But... is it my fault the B&B Blue Bristle (B&B BB) has recently won my heart... um, face?

This has always been THE most interesting B&B brush. I've had a couple shots at it, but the timing was bad. I doubt I'll see any show up again for a reasonable price.

I'm not sure why Kent continues to produce high-lofted brushes. They should make a new model or add a low-loft option like the 2008 B&B LE.

The '08LE is one of my favorite brushes, and definitely unlike any other Kent. It's not quite as nice as a Simpson's Best, but definitely in the same vein -- soft with just enough scrub, short loft, great for face-lathering.

Man, I wish I wasn't using my Electric shaver back in '08 and would have been smart enough to be wet shaving.

I'd love one of those, very nice.

I'm not sure why Kent continues to produce high-lofted brushes. They should make a new model or add a low-loft option like the 2008 B&B LE.

It's funny. The BK4 is too small a knot with that hair at that loft. It becomes floppy. So people shay away from Kent. But the BK 8 is wonderful. It has a big enough knot with the same hair to not be floppy. Granted, it's a bit expensive so it's not on the entry level side of things.

The B&B LE '09 has a nice knot for face lathering and a very comfortable handle, but I like the knot in the '08 better.

I agree that Kent is missing the boat by not producing more variety.
I do know that they produce another brand, but I can't remember the name. It starts with an A if anyone remembers it.

Maybe it's time to talk about the 2013 B&B LE. Someone call up Kent. If it comes in a chubby-style handle, I'm all over it like JohnnyGold on a puck of soap.

Not sure if it has to be a chubby type handle. But a bit bigger knot than the 2008 LE with soft tips and a dense knot in a short loft would be very appealing to some.. me included...
Maybe it's time to talk about the 2013 B&B LE. Someone call up Kent. If it comes in a chubby-style handle, I'm all over it like JohnnyGold on a puck of soap.

I use mine as part of a, ahem, considerable rotation. Great brush. My BK12 is also a great one from Kent. Soft, soft, soft. No flop.

Great to see this brush still gets some attention. The comparison Shavely Manden makes to Simpson Best is quite apt, it has a very similar feel.

Top Bottom