What's new

20 things men in their 30's (and up) need to stop doing.

As far as number 16 and 9 go... Well, the language I'd use towards anyone who said those things to me isn't appropriate for this forum. I've had piercings and listened to heavy metal for over half my life now and those aren't things you just grow out of.

Things everyone, everwhere needs to stop doing - telling others how to live their life.

I'd also add that out of all styles of music Metal and Classical are the most closely related. If you have a chance Google Rachel Barton Pine. Notice the part where she's a world renowned violinist that tours all over the world who also moonlights in a Heavy Metal band.

I'd also add that out of all styles of music Metal and Classical are the most closely related

Absolutely! Classical (well, a variety thereof) sometimes appears at metal festivals too -

That was a great show

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as number 16 and 9 go... Well, the language I'd use towards anyone who said those things to me isn't appropriate for this forum. I've had piercings and listened to heavy metal for over half my life now and those aren't things you just grow out of.

Things everyone, everwhere needs to stop doing - telling others how to live their life.

Not sure if your guys realized it, but i did not write the article/list. I simply shared it, it was not my intention to offend or judge anyone.

While i agree with some things on the list, i also disagree with others.

bah. Different strokes for different folks. If everyone subscribed to the lifestyle and behavioral/fashion choices we prefer, this website wouldn't exist.
On one hand the differences give you something to consider. On the other, it can be a source of hilarity.

PS: "LOL" is perfectly cromulent. Even the Oxford English Dictionary agrees.

"What do you guys think?"

Believe it or not, well fitting & presentable jeans are allowed on a lot of golf courses. I don't wear them on the course, however, I don't turn my nose up to them either. To me, the most important article of clothing on a golf course is your shirt. Button-up or zip-up. Leave the T-shirts for mowing the lawn. But again, I won't get bent over it. It's just good etiquette.

Although there is light hearted humour, and it's probably intended to be taken with a grain of salt, I can never get onside with having a say on what others should/shouldn't be wearing. I prefer to concern myself with myself and my presentation. If I'm honest, I really don't think it's healthy to concern oneself with it.

My Grampie was a flat brimmer too. He'd look in the mirror, put on his ball cap, get it just perfectly straight, and then give the bill an ever so slight nudge to the left. I miss that.

(PS... I know the OP didn't author the list)

Last edited:
This is when you lost me. Actually you lost me at the whole list thing of what someone my age shouldn't be doing. I'll make that call.

But really?....BEER PONG?! That game is awesome! I don't think I can go camping with my buddies without playing beer pong or flippy cup. One of my friends has a fold in half beer pong table just for the occasion.
Turbo cup rocks

Honestly I agree with a vast majority of this list. Some people need to learn how to grow up and be an adult, not an overgrown child. As a military man as well I live and work in an environment of overgrown children who constantly act like idiots and walk around moping about not being "treated like an adult". I will treat you the way you act. I have 18/19/20... year old Sailors who carried themselves like responsible citizens and were treated as such. I've also had 30/31/32... year old Sailors who didn't know how to brush their teeth or do their own laundry (literally didn't know how to work the machines). The OP was not trying to offend anyone, just passing on a article of interest and if you were offended then you are probably the one who needs to stop all the shenanigans because, again, if you were offended then that most likely means you know you should stop them. Just my two cents as I am guilty of a few of these things myself.

Would going out onto the golf course wearing a kilt meet to the approval of the Op? I believe we as a species in these modern time are the point of having a live and let live attitude. If they're not hurting anyone or themselves, let them be. So I say go shave half your head and dye the other side hot pink, roll around in the grass at the park, get some cotton candy of a popsicle, or do something that put a smile on your face and enjoy life for once. You only get one.
I'm a father now and do goofy things at home or in public just to put a smile on my child's face and make her laugh.

Would going out onto the golf course wearing a kilt meet to the approval of the Op?

Just a heads up. I'm assuming that, because you posted here, you read the original post. You might have noticed that this was posted as a question of other's thoughts on the list and that the OP was not the author of the list.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed reading the list of 20 things men in their 30's (and up) need to stop doing.

It is the perfect way to find out what uptight people are uptight about.

$churchlady.jpg

It would be quite uncomfortable to go up to anyone and ask them, "What are you uptight about?"

It's much better if they just make a list and let everyone know... so the rest of us can annoy them by doing some the things on their list. :001_smile

This is stupid...The world is a gloriously diverse place with all kinds of different people. Not everyone fits in with the stereotypical picture of a middle class mid thirties caucasian white collar accountant with a beautiful wife, 2 kids (boy and girl of course), a house in the burbs, blah blah blah

This is great. It's like a "How to" on being that. :laugh:

No pro or college sports jerseys for anyone over 21.

I'm 24 and wear my Arsenal Jersey when Arsenal plays, so I slightly resent that statement :p. Or my Germany jersey when Germany plays.
But yeah, I hate when people just toss on a football jersey, a hat, flip flops and shorts and go out.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I was contemplating this list while blowing bubbles the other day. What? I was entertaining my 20 month old granddaughter- she had a blast.

21. Stop telling other men how to be men
+1000. If you're so insecure about your own life that you take the time to think of a list of how other men should live theirs, you need to do some rethinking. There's a difference between wishing men would act like gentlemen and sounding like a nagging housewife.

Top Bottom