What's new

20 things men in their 30's (and up) need to stop doing.

20. Going to the club- What exactly does the club hold for you? Do you really think your chances of meeting a 22 year old model are high enough to justify $12 domestics?
Unless you're a rapper or an athlete, you have no business at the club. Even if you are a rapper or athlete, it's a grey area.

19. Anything at all having to do with Tapout- Honestly, it should be banned for all men in the world regardless of age -- but there still has to be a way to spot the guys with gentialia-related inferiority complexes.
However, once you hit 30? Stickers, shirts, shorts, or even uttering the phrase -- needs to go.

18. Shorthand texting- If you're older than 30 and you include "lol", "smh", "omfg", or anything else that isn't the word? You're benched for the next three innings. Take a lap.
And how about spell checking that stuff, man? What are you, 17?

17. Dressing like a slob on the golf course- If you're in your 30s, you should know better than to wear jeans on a golf course. You're an adult now, take some pride in your appearance.
While you're at it, follow Rules Of Golf and course etiquette. Your days of acting like a moron on the golf course are behind you. Be a man.

16. Pierced ears (or anything else)- How old are you now? Seriously, nobody wears earrings anymore.
And body piercing? Really, Rodman? You're going there? REALLY?

15. Bumper stickers- They're interesting when you're 21, but you're an adult now. You should know how to have nice things by now.

14. T shirts with sparkles, random garbage or both- Rule of thumb: If it's from Affliction or Ed Hardy -- put it on the rag pile.
There's no reason for a grown man to wear a t-shirt that's been Bedazzled.

13. Bumping loud music for no reason whatsoever- Exceptions can be made for "Come Sail Away", "Even Flow", and "Gin N Juice." Sing on, friend.
But if you're just bumping random music just for the sake of hearing it go boom? You don't deserve your Spotify account. Or can you even afford one?

12. Knit hats- It doesn't matter what Colin Farrell does. Colin Farrell is an idiot and why would you want to look like him?
There's no reason for a man in his 30s to wear a knit hat unless he's skiing or robbing someone.

11. Watching Pro wrestling- If you're 30 or older and you still follow pro wrestling in any form -- punch yourself in the face.
Being into wrestling like it was a legitimate sport ought to land you on some sort of NSA watch list. It'd be easy to track you though, since your mom's basement isn't hard to find.

10. Living in a legit bachelor pad- If you're north of 29, you should have learned somewhere along the way what nice things are. Stop signs on the wall are not nice things.
Even if -- especially if -- you're single, your place should look like a grown man lives in it. Not a frat boy. That was 10 years ago.

9. Being a metalhead- If you're into heavy metal... hey, be into heavy metal. Rock on, friend. But when you're still walking around Earth sporting long hair, studded leather belts, and a Mastodon t-shirt at 30 years old? That's sad.
Shave, shower, and stop into Brooks Brothers.

8. Alcohol stunts- If you were able to down 12 shots in 30 minutes when you were in college -- you were pretty cool. If you're still trying to do this when you're in your 30s -- you need to go to AA.
You're a grown man, there's no need to play quien es mas macho with booze. If you want to drink... just drink. It's not long division.

proxy.php
. Using a flip phone- Double shame on you if it's prepaid.

You're 30 and up, it's time you made enough money to afford a smartphone. The only thing a flip phone says about you is that you're too dumb to use a smartphone, or that you can't afford it. Or both

6. Keeping a raggety wallet- The same goes for wallets with anything written on them (including the Pulp Fiction "bad mother f'er" wallet) or with a chain attached.
How are you supposed to be taken seriously when you go out if your wallet looks like the dog chewed it up. Heaven help you if you're still using a velcro wallet.

5. Choreographed handshakes- Men shake hands. Men do not slap fists leading into an itsy bitsy spider followed by feeling the need for speed.
Unless you want that business client to think you're Malibu's Most Wanted. In which case... all you, B-Rad

4. Wearing flat brimmed hats- Men in their 30s really ought not be wearing a lot of hats to begin with, but they absolutely need to run far, far away from flat brimmed hats.
Either curve the brim of your hat, stop wearing them entirely, or accept that you're as much of a d-bag as Rickie Fowler and Justin Bieber despite being old enough to know better

3. Using a gym bag as luggage- What are you, running away from home? Get some big boy luggage.

2. Making hand signs in photos- Unless you're in a gang or you're a Raiders fan (which is basically the same thing), there's no reason for 30 year old man to throw up any kind of signs in a photo.
Unless you're representing the Alma Mater, just smile and take the picture. Save the wess-siiiiide for the next life

1. Beer Pong- Really, broham? Beer pong? REALLY?
At 30-something years old, there's no reason for you to be playing any sort of drinking game whatsoever, truthfully. It's alcohol, you can just drink it.

What do you guys think? agree/disagree? what would you add to the list?

here's the link to the article, it's one of those "click next" for the next page. NO ONE likes those.

http://www.rantlifestyle.com/2014/1...eferral&utm_campaign=RantLifestyleFB#slide_41

Last edited:
More or less agree, except on the flip phone thing. I'm highly tech oriented (develop on embedded Linux for a living..so I very much know what I'm doing), but I still don't want a smart phone. The flip Go-phone is just fine for the 15 minutes of call time I used last year :001_smile . I spend the extra money I don't spend on a smartphone (w/plan) on guns. Much, much more useful and interesting.

I also have no idea what tapout is, and don't think I want know.

Edit: Oh yeah, I wear knit hats too (but we call them toboggans here). They keep your head warm, and it's cold here in the winter.

Last edited:
This is stupid...The world is a gloriously diverse place with all kinds of different people. Not everyone fits in with the stereotypical picture of a middle class mid thirties caucasian white collar accountant with a beautiful wife, 2 kids (boy and girl of course), a house in the burbs, blah blah blah

I take it as light hearted humor well I hope it is.
I do some of the list but who cares, its a joke. I got my tapout shorts and drive my little Honda civic with big speakers. I think people over think things

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I really hope you're kidding, otherwise you are being way overly judgemental. I will add that in no.6 you should have learned how to spell raggedy by the time you get out of grade school. As for no.1, I go to the Club every day, I'm 63 and not ashamed at all, it's a private club I belong to.

I really hope you're kidding, otherwise you are being way overly judgemental. I will add that in no.6 you should have learned how to spell raggedy by the time you get out of grade school. As for no.1, I go to the Club every day, I'm 63 and not ashamed at all, it's a private club I belong to.

I didn't write this. Just copied and pasted from the article.

Almost thirty here but I think being in the military a lot of it is acceptable because of what we do. I regularly cage fight so tap out is in my repertoire, I bump every song I hear because I was in musical theater and my voice is an instrument, Im from California and flip flops are a way of life, I've had my wallet for 10 years, it's classy and if it ain't broke don't fix it, and golf is for old people. I prefer to hunt/shoot, wakeboard, kayak, skydive and of course restore straight razors.

I say do what you want, but know your crowd and do it respectfully. When I get together with my brothers and sisters in law, the beer pong table and flip cup come out, but I will also dress formal for events and act the part. I feel diversity is more important in a man with wisdom than stuffiness.

Last edited:
And btw, this thread is so last century that I'm roflmao. Had to smh and all the sillyness. Lol.

Sry

From the picture on the article, it's talking about baseball caps. Not hats.

My grandpa was the same, he wore a porkpie style hat among others

Right, that's what he wore most of the time. Flat brimmed baseball caps, usually the trucker style ones with mesh backing that he picked up at the bank on giveaway day. Guess he was never bothered to curver the brim.

Top Bottom