What's new

20 plus years...

...of doing it wrong. A month ago I learned about wet shaving and switched. Bought a $10 safety razor from eBay, Perfecto badger brush and stand, small steel bowl, and a tube of Cremo. I literally had the best shaving experience in my life. My father's lesson was putting a cheap Schick and can of Barbasol in my hand and wishing me the best. I have gone from shaving once a week to almost everyday. It is so relaxing and now my razor burn has gone away.

Anyway I just wanted to say hello and hope to learn more about my new grooming hobby.

Lol! Sucker!

Jk, jk. Enjoy your new hobby. And yes, call it a hobby because it’s the only way to justify what’s about to happen.

...of doing it wrong. A month ago I learned about wet shaving and switched. Bought a $10 safety razor from eBay, Perfecto badger brush and stand, small steel bowl, and a tube of Cremo. I literally had the best shaving experience in my life. My father's lesson was putting a cheap Schick and can of Barbasol in my hand and wishing me the best. I have gone from shaving once a week to almost everyday. It is so relaxing and now my razor burn has gone away.

Anyway I just wanted to say hello and hope to learn more about my new grooming hobby.

That's a great turn around lol.

Yeah shaving w old school stuff is really fun and it's simple pleasures

Welcome on board and here's to finding out more about the different razors and what works best for you.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Welcome! Be sure to peruse a few websites of folks who offer shaving kit: Maggard's, West Coast Shaving, Italian Barber, Shaving ie, Connaught, etc., just so you can see what you have been missing. Might pick up a blade sampler so you can try some different brands. Cremo is liked by some; there are hundreds of other choices and you might prefer something else as you gain experience.

Welcome! Be sure to peruse a few websites of folks who offer shaving kit: Maggard's, West Coast Shaving, Italian Barber, Shaving ie, Connaught, etc., just so you can see what you have been missing. Might pick up a blade sampler so you can try some different brands. Cremo is liked by some; there are hundreds of other choices and you might prefer something else as you gain experience.

Already picked up a sampler pack. My favorite 3 so far are Shark's, Personna's, and Feather blades although the last one really cut up my head when head shaving. Very effective at mole and pimple reduction in the most brutal way.

I have added two more soaps: a Bay Rum Lather & Wood and Taylor's in the sandalwood scent. All three are awesome soaps/creams. I have made a list of other soaps I want to try (does the list ever end?) I am trying to limit myself to 1 new soap a month, but it is almost an addiction.

My second brush came in today ( Big Bruce) which should pair well with the shaving bowls I picked at Tuesday Morning on Friday.

I have also got my eye on an adjustable. Either a Fat Boy or a Viking Emperor.

I don't know if it is a healthy hobby, but my wife likes it. I hope I achieve equilibrium soon otherwise this could get expensive.

Then again if the wife likes it...

Welcome @Reyort. Regarding your statement:
I am trying to limit myself to 1 new soap a month, but it is almost an addiction.

Welcome to the well documented condition known around here as "The ADs". RAD (Razor Acquisition Disorder), BAD (Brush Acquisition Disorder), SAD (Soap Acquisition Disorder), ASAD (AfterShave Acquisition Disorder), and the dreaded SRAD (Straight Razor Acquisition Disorder). Collectively, these are lovingly referred to as "The Hole" and are the reason that Traditional Shaving ends up not providing the monetary savings it promises. On the other hand, it's so darned much fun!

Welcome, and may your fall down the Hole be gentle and thoroughly enjoyed.

Welcome @Reyort. Regarding your statement:

Welcome to the well documented condition known around here as "The ADs". RAD (Razor Acquisition Disorder), BAD (Brush Acquisition Disorder), SAD (Soap Acquisition Disorder), ASAD (AfterShave Acquisition Disorder), and the dreaded SRAD (Straight Razor Acquisition Disorder). Collectively, these are lovingly referred to as "The Hole" and are the reason that Traditional Shaving ends up not providing the monetary savings it promises. On the other hand, it's so darned much fun!
LOL! I have BAD and SAD for sure!

Top Bottom