What's new

20% off at Razor Emporium

I recently ordered a bottle of Fine aftershave from RE, and when it arrived, about a fifth of the bottle was empty. The top must have been loose - either that, or U.S.P.S. played soccer with it. Either way, when I sent an inquiry to them, they immediately sent out another bottle. I've ordered multiple items from them without issue. I used that ^^^^ 20% off code to order a couple more straights from them. I've only got good things to say about Razor Emporium.

I would certainly read the reviews on this forum (and others) before purchasing from them. I personally have not had a bad experience with them. To be fair, some folks have had positive dealings with them. I read the reviews and decided it wasn't worth the gamble.

Same here. I really want to get my hands on a Rex Ambassador but it's just so atypical to find multiple posts from members with problems mostly with the people at the company and sometimes with the equipment itself that I'm still on the fence. For most of the other luxury razors the typical writeup is great razor, great people even if the razor doesn't work out for the person who bought it.

I've only made two purchases from RE, both within the last 7 months. I bought a Rex Ambassador; shipped immediately. I did not pay for expedited shipping but still had it in my hands two days later. The razor ultimately didn't work out for me, and I sold it easily here on BST.

Last Thursday morning I ordered a brush; it shipped same day, and on track to receive it tomorrow. So, as you can see, I have no real basis on which to judge their customer service beyond knowing that in my two purchases, they shipped immediately.

Best as I can gather, the issues appear to arise from repair/re-conditioning services RE provides more than anything else, but possible I've misread things in that regard.

Same here. I really want to get my hands on a Rex Ambassador but it's just so atypical to find multiple posts from members with problems mostly with the people at the company and sometimes with the equipment itself that I'm still on the fence. For most of the other luxury razors the typical writeup is great razor, great people even if the razor doesn't work out for the person who bought it.
Matt Pisarcik is a standup guy. I purchased a Rex Ambassador that wasn’t right and notified Matt. He sent me a label to return the razor to him on his dime. He replaced the top cap a adjusted the baseplate. When I got it back it shaved like a dream!

Thanks to @Mack the Razor for posting the code and @JoeLr and @Jgreenepa for helping me get some perspective. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Rex Ambassador with a stand. I called the shop to see what plate code they were shipping and how their shipping was looking right now. The lady who answered the phone could not have been friendlier and my order shipped today.

I'm feeling good about this purchase because it's a small shop that employees another small shop a few miles away to make the razor components (all made in the USA). The shop is in Phoenix which is experiencing a COVID-19 surge. I live in a state that has already been hard hit by COVID-19 and could be again (like all of us wherever you live). If this purchase can in some small way keep Razor Emporium going (mentally and financially) in the long run that's worth it to me as well.

So far so good. I'll post again when I receive the razor.

I received the razor yesterday and did my first shave with it today. Based on one shave it seems to have no issues at all which is exactly what I would expect from a razor in this price range (P2 plate). I'm still too new to the razor to say anything about my experience with it, but I can say that I found the ordering process to be very smooth and responsive.

Made 2 purchases with them in the past month. Fast shipping and no issues with the products. Had to return a item, emailed them and received a return label within 30 minutes. Got the refund 2 days after they got the product back. Very happy with them.

I live in Phoenix and know the people at Razor Emporium. From what I have seen first hand, they will make a situation right if notified, and I have never had a bad experience with them.

For what it is worth.
Not my experience with their premium Rex Ambassador razor covered by their so called life time warranty. I hope being notified doesn't mean begging for honoring their warranty and being at their mercy.

Nothing against you, but I've a 250 dollar paper weight sitting on my shaving shelf

Top Bottom