What's new

20% off all razor and brush handles through November at Elite Razor.

What's not to like about November? Thanksgiving, Football, Fall weather and my favorite, National Cashew Day on the 23rd.

In honor of all these things, I will offering a 20% discount on all "in stock" handles throughout the month.

proxy.php

I will be continually adding new pieces, so keep an eye out for something for yourself, someone special or for that someone special to give to you under the tree.

Just enter "NOV2018" (without quotes) during checkout to receive your discount.

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

I just completed the brush shown below and it is listed and available on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Please enter "NOV2018" at checkout to receive 20% off the cost of the handle during the month of November.

Lignum Vitae (24 - 26mm)

Lignum Vitae has a growth range limited to the West Indies, Central America, and northern South America. The name is Latin for “wood of life” and is derived from its medicinal uses. The resin has been used to treat a variety of medical conditions from coughs to arthritis. Wood chips can also be used to brew a tea. Lignum Vitae is one of the hardest and heaviest woods (three times as hard as oak) and will rapidly sink to the bottom when placed in water. Another place that Lignum Vitae is used is in United States courtrooms, where the judge’s gavel is traditionally made from this fine wood. According to T.H. White’s Version of the Artus Saga “The Once and Future King”, Lignum Vitae has special magical powers, as the staff of Merlin is made from it.

proxy.php

Bob

Just listed, this beautiful 26mm Copper Laced Onyx brush.

Copper Laced Onyx - 26mm

Copper Laced Onyx is a member of the chalcedony family which also includes carnelian, agate, bloodstone, etc. Occurring naturally in a variety of colors, black onyx is polished to enhance appearance, a member of the quartz family. The name comes from the Greek word onyx which means nail of a finger or claw. Legend says that one day while Venus was sleeping Eros/Cupid cut her fingernails and left the clippings scattered on the ground. Because no part of a heavenly body can die, the gods turned them into stone which later became known as Onyx.

proxy.php

Bob

I've just added a number of exceptional pieces to my site. These are all available to be included in the November sale. Check them out.

Gold Laced Quartz over Amboyna Burl (24 - 26mm)

Gold Laced Quartz may be found in mountainous areas throughout the United States, such as Dahlonega, Georgia, which was home to a significant gold rush period in American History. Dahlonega was a rough patch of ground in northern Georgia back in the early 1800’s and was also home to the Cherokees. Settlers found their way there and the discovery of Gold brought in waves of panners and miners, leading to the founding of the town of Dahlonega and later the Dahlonega Mint. The town of Dahlonega prospered for a short period but was soon overshadowed by the newer discovery of Gold in California which pulled away many of its miner inhabitants. The Federal mint in Dahlonega continued to operate up until the Civil War but never reopened afterwards.

Amboyna burl is found in Indonesia, especially on the Andaman group of islands. Amboyna burl is one of the rarest & most expensive woods in the world. The burly part of the log is often very small, yielding only wood in small dimensions. The color ranges from deep yellow orange to deep red and after finishing Amboyna burl reveals a depth & liveliness in color like found in no other. Amboyna burl was a popular, frequently used wood in the Jugendstil epoch in the twenties. It was also the first burl wood to be used by Rolls Royce for dashboards.

proxy.php

Green/Purple Swirl Acrylic (24 - 26mm) Great movement of color in this piece.
proxy.php

Cottonmouth Snake Razor Handle

This razor handle was made from a poured acrylic resin surrounding the skin of a Cottonmouth snake, also known as a Water Moccasin. The snake is native to the Southeastern United States and is America’s only venomous water snake. Cottonmouth snakes are pit vipers and are able to detect minute differences in temperature so that they can accurately strike the source of heat, which is often potential prey. When an adult, they may reach up to 4 feet in length.

proxy.php

Ringneck Pheasant Feather Razor Handle

The handle is made from a poured acrylic resin surrounding the mixture of feathers from a Ringneck Pheasant, a well known game bird native to Asia. On March 13, 1881, approximately 60 Chinese ring-necked pheasants arrived in Port Townsend, Washington. United States consul general Owen Nickerson Denny and his wife shipped the pheasants from Shanghai in hopes of establishing a population in their home state of Oregon. The male of the species can grow to 3 feet from beak to tail and weight up to 7 pounds. The distinctive iridescent brown and gold feathering of the Ringneck Pheasant make it one of the most recognizable of the game birds.

This unique handle was cast by John Underhill, an award winning feather artist and resin caster. Each feather is painstakingly placed prior to casting in crystal clear acrylic resin. This is truly a “one of a kind” piece as, just like snowflakes, each feather has a different pattern, color shade and character.

Please note that all the feathers in this handle were acquired from domestic, pen-raised birds and are 100% legal. All the required tags and permits have been obtained.

proxy.php

Bob

Thank you to all veterans and to those currently in service to our country for everything that you do for us all.

I just completed a number of new brushes and they have been listed and are available on my site at www.eliterazor.com.

Curly Koa and Black Resin (26mm)
I don't typically do more than 2 or 3 segments, but on this beauty I took on 5 segments.
proxy.php

Bronze Resin (24mm)
proxy.php

Fire and Ice (28mm)
proxy.php

Antique Bronze Resin (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Black/Gold and Silver (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Semi-Transparent Blue and Gold (24 - 26mm)
proxy.php

Bob

Just listed on www.eliterazor.com are the 2 brushes shown below.

Malachite (26mm)

Malachite, the famous and popular semi-precious stone. It is named for the Greek word for "mallow", a green herb. Its banded light and dark green designs are one-of-a-kind, and give it a unique ornamental quality unlike that of any other stone. The light and dark green bands are so distinctive that Malachite may be one of the most easily recognized minerals by the general public.

proxy.php

Fire and Ice (26mm)
proxy.php

Bob

Just listed on www.eliterazor.com are the 2 brushes shown below.

Malachite (26mm)

Malachite, the famous and popular semi-precious stone. It is named for the Greek word for "mallow", a green herb. Its banded light and dark green designs are one-of-a-kind, and give it a unique ornamental quality unlike that of any other stone. The light and dark green bands are so distinctive that Malachite may be one of the most easily recognized minerals by the general public.

proxy.php

Fire and Ice (26mm)
proxy.php

Bob
Love that malachite Bob!

One more brush before the Thanksgiving activities start in earnest. This is a Moonjava handle with a 30mm knot.

proxy.php

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

Bob

Top Bottom