What's new

2 steps back and 1 step forward.

Well for those that saw my first post I shall continue with my first update.
Since I last posted I have decided to purchase more razors- razorrock hawk (just a gamble) and a razorrock German 37 slant. These were not my favoured tools but I'm happy.
That leaves me just an adjustable to go before I stop buying hard wear and start the real learning.

After my last shave 3 passes with a r41 I have had to take a break. It felt amazing at the time, skin like snare drum but very sensitive skin for quite a while. This has led to a few spots but I decided to stop, take a breath and step back.
4 days growth and plenty of moisturiser have led me to my shave of the day.

Shower with face scrub is my prep.
TOBS sandalwood (good but I'm looking forward to finishing it and getting on with eshave almond)
My one and only boar brush and 34c with personna plat.

Slow careful start and lovely first pass with no feel or noise. I found moving whole arm not just wrist helps me get and keep the right angle.
2nd pass xtg as above
3rd pass xtg the other way ( mouth to ear) and atg on throat.
Very happy no nicks very smooth, I'm happy not going atg on face for the time being and I'm not sure I need it any where apart from the side burns.

Fines snake bite aftershave always my favourite part and Hawkins and bramble post shave balm ( had to give the old old faithful coco butter stretch mark cream back to the good lady).

You may want to stick with one razor and blade for a few weeks. This will help you to quickly perfect your technique. Every razor/blade combo has its angle's sweet spot, and it can be useful to learn it and stick with it. Enjoy your shaves!

You may want to stick with one razor and blade for a few weeks. This will help you to quickly perfect your technique. Every razor/blade combo has its angle's sweet spot, and it can be useful to learn it and stick with it. Enjoy your shaves!

+1! These are also my suggestions. The point is to figure out how to get top results with one set up. Then you can move to other options. Too many moving parts will not make it easier to figure out what works best. Just my $.02!

Top Bottom