What's new

2 New Additions to the Family

Today was a good day. I received 2 new additions to my small family of razors: A 1968 black handle Superspeed (date code N4, my birth year and quarter) and a brand new Mergress from Bullgoose. Now my quandary is which one to shave with first!
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice razors. Congratulations.

I would use the Mergress first. Make sure you match up the lines when putting a blade in the razor.

I have already loaded a blade. I read about matching the line up a few days ago (while waiting for it to arrive) and that worked like a charm. Why would you choose to use the Mergress first?

the Black handle Super Speed is my go to when traveling as it is an excellent razor that doesn't usually cost an arm and a leg to replace.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
QUOTE="PreachTheWord, post: 10797895, member: 119018"]Now my quandary is which one to shave with first![/QUOTE]

Not too much of a quandary, is it? Just enough to have fun with. [grin]

Have somebody put a razor in each hand behind their back without showing you which is where. Point right or left. That's the one you use first.

That's how I'd do it.

O.H.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Nice razors, congratulations. Lucky I don’t have to select which one to use first.

Well, I'm far more curious about the Mergress. So just ignore @Whiterook . While he is an honorable Schickhead, as you can see he admits to the Veg.

The N4 does look very nice. Maybe it's the beauty, just not as shiny new. So Mergress first. You can probably keep messing with settings and tweaking them mid-shave long enough to save the black handle for a birthday treat.

Well, I'm far more curious about the Mergress. So just ignore @Whiterook . While he is an honorable Schickhead, as you can see he admits to the Veg.

The N4 does look very nice. Maybe it's the beauty, just not as shiny new. So Mergress first. You can probably keep messing with settings and tweaking them mid-shave long enough to save the black handle for a birthday treat.
Be careful of advice from a raccoon dog. They are notorious rascals.

The Mergress is my favorite adjustable. I'd go with that. Then again, I also enjoy The Veg, so take my advice with a grain of salt...

I have 2 shaves in with the Superspeed. I put in a fresh GSB, but it usually after the second shave that the shave is super smooth. I'm going to start with the Mergress in the morning but will reserve judgement for a few shaves for the aforementioned reason.

Top Bottom