What's new

2 More vintage strops, please!

Disappointed with an effort to acquire a Kanayama #80000, I instead found a couple of fine vintage strops waking up too early one morning and checking BST straight away. A C-Mon Deluxe Shell (#810) and an A-1 Extra Heavy Shell (Certifyd #151).

The A-1 shell is really thick (~ 5mm) and has a noticeably heavier draw than what’s typical for Kanayama strops, but the C-Mon strops pretty much like you’d expect — fast and smooth.

Here are a couple of pics:

12CA5576-7A10-4627-8D9C-DDAB0F140CC6.jpeg
8E899078-C257-4911-8E99-C95DCC09BA13.jpeg

Amazing strops. I keep telling myself I don’t need more but we both know you can never have enough lol

Thanks, Gabe. You have no idea what I meant by early either. Bars were likely still open. I had no idea the strops were even available because I was drooling profusely over a Jnat I saw first in recent posts. :117:

Lucky by way of timing? Crucial timing alright. Yeah, or dumb luck? Prolly the latter. :001_302:

I came here from BST... forgot I had navigated away from BST and was looking for a price. Now I'm sad. Very nice.

SAD is what led me to those 2 strops. I'm happier for the acquisition alright. Sounds like SAD led your here subconsciously perhaps? lol

Happy strop hunting!

Top Bottom