What's new

2 days is easier than 3 days growth

I am consistently finding no matter the blade that there is a large difference in shaving 2 days growth vs 3 days growth with my Techs. 3 days has a slight hint of pull nearly every time, but 2 days is like butter.

So if you are experiencing any pulling feeling with your shave, try going one less day in between shaves and see if there is a difference.

Interesting suggestion! Especially for those who don’t shave daily.

My ‘problem’ is that I enjoy my shaves too much to skip a day! That is since I returned to ‘traditional’ wet shaving. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I find a DE is adequate for daily or every 2 day shaves. If I go longer than that, I will use a SE (1912), shavette (Feather AC SS or DX) or traditional straight for at least the first pass, generally for the full shave.

I shave daily. One pass plus touch up. Any longer and my skin suffers. Nowadays extremely good shaves with SV or Mcd and ATT r1.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Even at 48 hours growth using a Tech with any blade but Feather I can have tugging. If it had an OC instead of a SB it would be easier, but they just dont have the blade exposure to go through longer growth efficiently.

Using my Fatip Grande, even at 80 hours growth with a Derby Extra, is simple. Using my MMOC at 100 hours growth is even easier.

Shaving longer growth with a mild razor might need to be done using shorter strokes. If you feel tugging using a blade you dont normally feel tugs, try a shorter stroke. At 48 hours growth using a Tech and a Feather I need 6-8 strokes to go from the top of my cheek to the base of my neck. Using my Grande or MMOC on the same growth is one long smooth stroke. What makes the difference is blade exposure.

Thank you for your post. It's good to know when we each can find our "sweet spot" for getting god shaves. Enjoy!

Top Bottom