What's new

2 blades in 1 shave... Best shave of my life!

So, I went bonkers today and tried out 2 blades in a single shave. I got what's possibly the closest, smoothest, and best shave of my life!

The tools: A Qshave futur clone, Fresh Feather and Polsilver blades, Old Spice shaving cream and Nivea sensitive AS lotion

The Shave: I loaded the Feather into the razor and set it to 6. Yeah, quite aggressive, but I was dealing with a 48hr beard. My whiskers are usually as tough as steel by this time.
First pass WTG. I really went to town with the Feather and my cheeks were smarting by the time I rinsed for the 2nd pass. But no cuts yet, it was after all WTG.
Second pass, swap the blade with a Polsilver and then went ATG. Really smooth, like there wasn't even any hair left! I didn't even need the customary XTG across my neck!

It was a BBS with 2 passes, and I just had to do a couple of minutes of touch-up.

Now, I'm aware this is a rather unusual way of shaving. The missus was looking at me throughout this experiment with a strange expression on her face. By the time I was done and grinning like an idiot, she left the bathroom, muttering something about her life choices.

My favourite blades are Astras, but Feathers and Polsilvers do excel in terms of sharpness and smoothness and I wanted to get the best of both worlds. I just want to know if anyone else has tried something like this and whether it's worth the effort everyday!

Last edited:
Congrats on the great shave but I don't understand the need to change blades. Was the feather not cutting it, lol.

Congrats on the great shave but I don't understand the need to change blades. Was the feather not cutting it, lol.
Ha ha, if anything, the Feather was cutting too well. The ATG and XTG with the Feather are a bit irritating to the skin, even if there are no cuts or nicks. A Polsilver on the other hand is very smooth and gives a great finish, but it's WTG is much worse than a Feather, GSB or an Astra. It leaves a lot of hair behind which means I'm left chasing tiny whiskers. If I get rid of them with a feather on a single pass, I can then finish with a Polsilver for a smooth finish.

Top Bottom