What's new

1st time using Palmolive menthol. A quick review

Used about 1/2" in a Fine bowl for a quick shave. Even in hard water with the little white 22mm Yaqi it lathered easier than any tallow soap I've used. Didn't notice any menthol scent but when I painted it on, I immediately felt the menthol. The scent in general was mild and unremarkable. Did a one-pass shave (with the Fine Marvel it's like a two-pass). Nice cream and only $8.99 from Amazon. A must if you're a cream guy.

Used it today for the 2nd time. I like that it lathers quickly and rinses of the face, brush and bowl in seconds. Shave was DFS too. I don't think I'll be going back to soaps any time soon.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’m happy to report that I’m finally joining the Palmolive ranks! I got my tube of the classic in today. I didn’t realize it is made in Italy. Interesting scent out of the tube looking forward to getting it going.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
My negative is knowing it sells somewhere for $2 but my first run with the classic was excellent. I
Like the scent. I felt the menthol. This might fade as typically I sense the menthol with a new product initially. Got a pretty good face lather going. Wasn’t off the charts in terms of slickness but good cushion. Overall very pleased with this stuff.

A very good latherer for the price point--I kick myself for not bringing home another tube from France when I was just there (I think it was like a 1.40 Euro) but I'll have enough to last until my next trip next year.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
In Gordon's Chemist in Belfast City Centre. They seem to move the prices up and down the last tube I bought there was £1 .36 that was only last month.

I got a tube of the red Palmolive cream from Maggard's. Good stuff. Next time I want to get the menthol.

Pal is good. Bigelow is better.
I believe Bigelow is made by Proraso, if I'm not mistaken. Haven't tried it yet.
I just bought a tube of Palmolive Classic last week and have only used it once. I wasn't crazy about the scent, to be honest, so I'm hoping it grows on me. Sure can't beat the price, even here in the U.S.

Top Bottom