What's new

1st time using haslinger schafmilch

So I’ve been wanting to try this for a while and decided to then put it in a container...it lathered super easily one or two dips of water and done I did a 30sec load (may do a 1m next time I like my lather super thick)...the scent is medium strength...very low when lathering and during the shave... now the performance itself...this again is my biggest gripe...ok so I wouldn’t say it’s the best in the world not even close...it’s kinda thick...there is some slickness I wouldn’t say it’s like ok the best I’ve had however... considering how much people praise it I was disappointed (had my bar set to high maybe) but then again it may just be I haven’t loaded enough i seem to like soaps loaded around the 1m mark...I used distilled water so it’s definitely not that...idk it’s not horrible by any stretch ...but it’s not omg amazing either ...can’t rate it atm because I need to go back and try with 1m...just my opinion with what I have atm and it could change

Attachments

• 3BEA9885-85D6-4C77-ABE4-80AE0A1B5346.jpeg
    3BEA9885-85D6-4C77-ABE4-80AE0A1B5346.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 43
I’m currently 3017 a puck of Haslinger (new formula), it’s one of the slickest soaps I’ve ever used. Slicker than B&M soft heart base and A&E.

Are you sure you used enough water? It's not what it used to be but it's still a pretty slick soap in my experience (which is only like 15 shaves)

Curious to see how you progress with this Haslinger. My first go (tallow Coconut) was a little underwhelming, too, but when I got it dialed, it was right up there with the best soaps I've tried. I, too, might suggest less soap and more water.

You need to experiment with more water in the lather. You may be loading more soap than you need. I would not rush to judgement, since this soap seems pretty slick to many others.

Interesting. I have a Haslinger Aloe Vera on the way so I'm excited to test it out. I have high hopes for it as well.

Haslinger Aloe Vera has worked well for me. It will absorb more water than you might expect. Your best lather is a usually a very wet one.

Haslinger Aloe Vera has worked well for me. It will absorb more water than you might expect. Your best lather is a usually a very wet one.
I'll keep that in mind. I usually dump water while bowl lathering so it should be a piece of cake.

I think you did NOT mix it correctly. Since the puck is so small; wet your face, then use the puck as stick (rub it on your face). Take a good brush (I prefer synthetics), one that was soaked but you got rid of 80% water, just flicker it, and start building your lather on the face . It is a thirsty soap , so you will have to add water to your brush 2-3 times.....work it in and you will have one of the best lathers you have ever had....but most important: an excellent shave!!!!

I have fairly hard water and easily manage to get a great lather using Haslinger Schafmilch. So as others have said, use more water introduced slowly.

30 seconds load is enough for shaving every man on your street.
I load for around 10-13 seconds with synthethic brush. Then face lather - painting, add water, painting, add water, more water, more water, more water, splay the brush and make lather, and more water.
Needs more water.
And a bit of water on top.
This is a top tier soap. Dont expect fatty post shave feel like some modern high oil/fat artisan soaps, but this is as good as it gets for a production soap.

Same experience here. Used it twice and gave it away. Scent wasn’t worth the effort to try and figure out how to “make it work” ....especially when I have many other soaps that all work great and are easy to use. Came free with a Shavemac knot.

Have only used the old Tallow formula which is excellent IMO. Have a puck of Marigold on it's way and hope the performance can compare to the older stuff like most of the people on the forums suggest. Keep experimenting and hopefully you can get a decent experience with it, sometimes it's just not meant to be but other times it could be a night & day difference.

Top Bottom