What's new

1st time Gibbs adjustable user

Recently been handed down a Gibbs adjustable razor and I’m not very familiar with the setup off them. I’ve had a look online but can’t seem to find anything about desconstructing them.

I’ve taken it all apart to give it a good clean however I can’t see to find the spring that I’m sure I’ve seen people talk about before on YouTube when I have seen them being used. Any help with where I should be able to find one if I don’t have one?

The spring is inside the razor head. Are you able to unscrew the handle from yours? Some of them you can't so don't try to force it. If you can unscrew the handle, you then unscrew the adjustment knob and if I remember right the head comes apart at that point and the spring is in there.

Congrats BTW, they're great shavers.

They are all the pieces that I seem to have

Attachments

• BF0D21AD-B1E2-4702-BBBC-4E6E08C50F38.jpeg
    BF0D21AD-B1E2-4702-BBBC-4E6E08C50F38.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 26
The razor doesn’t seem to adjust properly. when selecting a number other than 1 the dial won’t lock in even though I’ve tightened the handle. Could this be due to the spring being missing or is it damaged?

Last edited:
The razor doesn’t seem to adjust properly. when selecting a number other than 1 the dial won’t lock in even though I’ve tightened the handle. Could this be due to the spring being missing or is it damaged?

You need a spring to be inserted on the T section. The adjustment will then work.

That’s a great suggestion, ordered a pack myself

If yours is missing then I believe it is something like this which will give you the specifications.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom