What's new

1st Tabac purchase... EDC or EDT?

$90 for 4 oz of Issey seems high to me to. I have a big bottle of it I got a long time ago that was not nearly that expensive,. and maybe I am wrong, but I would expect Issey to be past its hey day and available at a discount various places. Someone would would probably be willing to sell you a big decant. 4 oz sounds like a life-time supply. Issey is strong and tenacious!

Check Target for Issey. I recently saw it there (about 2 weeks ago) on clearance and I think it was about 30 bucks for the 1.7. I think Walgreens (online) sells the 2.5 oz for under $50. No reason to pay out the nose for this one.

get the edc over the edt - i find it to be a much nicer, longer lasting scent (the edt is a bit floral)

the AS is also pretty good, if youre looking to pick some more tabaccy goodness up

Had Tabac aftershave and Tabac edt. The Tabac edt is more bitter smelling initially than the aftershave, and, if I am correct, moreso than the edc.
My wife liked the edt until I sprayed it on my arm and had her take a sniff immediately - then she ceased liking it until it had dryed down for about ten minutes. If I were to buy it again, I would get the edc.

LOL I have been lurking this site for about a year and I always read from you blades about how you hate it when people say a fragrance smells "old" so I said that and then after i said that I said "JK guys" for Just kidding guys. lol sorry!

No offense taken at all. I think some scents do seem old manish on a young man, and it is something for a younger guy to take into account. I do not necessarily hate it when people say a frag smells old manish. Sometimes they are right, but many times that does not really matter to me!

you guys are awesome thanks for all the replies. I did get the EDC and I just need that damn thing to get here already. It will probably be my one and only blind buy but it seems to be a genral consensus that every body at least likes tabac so you cant really go wrong!

you guys are awesome thanks for all the replies. I did get the EDC and I just need that damn thing to get here already. It will probably be my one and only blind buy but it seems to be a genral consensus that every body at least likes tabac so you cant really go wrong!

If you decide that you don't like it after you get it, you have all of us at B&B that can buy it back from you :lol::lol:

So you guys are saying the EdC smells just like the Tabac soap. I have sampled the cream, but never tried the soap. Does the cream smell the same as the soap or are they different?

So you guys are saying the EdC smells just like the Tabac soap.
Eh, no. I can't imagine why people are saying that, to be honest. They are members of the same family, but they certainly don't smell precisely equal.

The EdC is at first fresh and slightly pepper-y, and then develops a sweet and somewhat flowery undertone which puts me in mind of violets albeit vaguely. (The scent pyramid informs me it's geraniums.) It is this undertone which is much more strongly present in the EdT. The soap on the other hand dispenses with the freshness and most of the flowery-ness, and replaces it with a much more smoke-y background, and, if you sniff a bit more carefully, the unscented fragrance of a lye soap.

I haven't used the cream in years, but from what I remember is that it resembles the EdC more than the soap.

Well said! None of the Tabac products smell exactly alike any of the other Tabac products to me, although I admit I have never had the shaving cream.

Eh, no. I can't imagine why people are saying that, to be honest. They are members of the same family, but they certainly don't smell precisely equal.

The EdC is at first fresh and slightly pepper-y, and then develops a sweet and somewhat flowery undertone which puts me in mind of violets albeit vaguely. (The scent pyramid informs me it's geraniums.) It is this undertone which is much more strongly present in the EdT. The soap on the other hand dispenses with the freshness and most of the flowery-ness, and replaces it with a much more smoke-y background, and, if you sniff a bit more carefully, the unscented fragrance of a lye soap.

I haven't used the cream in years, but from what I remember is that it resembles the EdC more than the soap.

Anyone agree with me that the AS really has the best version of the Tabac scent?

Thank you guys, I'm glad i'm not alone here (again). I go with the AS because it smells like the soap. The EDT or EDC was totally different (i don't know why they do this. I found the same prob w DR Harris' Arlington AS vs EDC)

I prefer the EdT to the EdC. I also have a bottle of vintage EdC and I prefer that to the current EdC.

Personally I'd skip the current EdC. I'd buy the soap, the aftershave and the EdT.

Top Bottom