What's new

1st Razor Suggestions: Fendrihan Mk II SS vs RazoRock Mamba vs Game Changer

What is the best razor for DE virgin?

• Total voters
When I was getting the gc I emailed them and the reply was the 68 would no longer be made. The feedback was the 84 was just as smooth and more effecient.

I also heard that the focus was to keep only inventory that sells.

The fact you could just press a button, load the dimensions for a 68 n the cnc machine just fill those few 68 orders.
I'm not buying their explanation.

Really not happy about that, the .68 is a great razor and I wouldn’t want it to be more aggressive. Glad I’ve got one already.

I'm not personally a big fan of IB but there is even a disclaimer on they're site that says they would continue to make 500-1000 razors until demand was met. That demand was met and the general consensus was the .68 was too mild and the .84 was the desired blade gap that was being requested. Lets keep in mind that the .68 went completely stale after the .84 was announced to be released and he sat on dead stock for a good month or two and once the .84 was released Joe decided to retire the .68 because most were asking for something more aggressive instead of milder still at that point. Now it would seem that there is a .105 gap in the works and that I'm sure will replace the .84 and it will no longer be available for the masses. This is the pattern of IB, at least since I started traditional shaving back in 2016... Its what Joe does best in my opinion, retire a razor before its time!!

I’m really expecting a price jump on the .68 after all is said and done from other sellers. I have one, but I’m not selling. Bought 2 .84s for my sons also so I’m done there.

In an e-mail conversation with them a little while back, I was told a stainless Old Type is definitely a future consideration. Now that would reignite RAD for anyone.

Reply from Italian Barber: They’re going to make “a small batch” of the .68 and it’ll be available in 4-6 weeks.

TBH I’m sick of the trend for ever more aggressive razors, and Razorock was a breath of fresh air making something at the milder end of the spectrum.

Do you think is better ?

I think that the Mark II it is better but not because of the aggression. It has very good blade feel and is very reactive to angle. Many angles will give you whatever type of shave you are looking for. It is also the best under the nose razor I have next to my Okd Type.

I think that the Mark II it is better but not because of the aggression. It has very good blade feel and is very reactive to angle. Many angles will give you whatever type of shave you are looking for. It is also the best under the nose razor I have next to my Okd Type.
I agree entirely. The only drawback I found with the Fendrihan is that if you are sleepy or careless and the razor slips from your hand or you knock it against your ear or your chin, you can get a very deep cut, as it has a lot of blade exposure. Probably not an issue for those of you who are wide awake and alert first thing in the morning.

It is nice to hear they will be releasing more .68 GCs. They are a great daily razor for many of us IMHO. I recieved the .84 today and will judge for myself how it compares to the .68 and my other razors. I like the look of the bulldog handle but I plan to use the .84 with the barberpoll since that is what I am used to.

I’d buy a couple more .68 baseplates for my boys. I wonder if that will be an option?

They could make the GC into a baseplate adjustable like Karve and Rockwell, that would make the most sense if they really do intend on releasing a third, more aggressive plate.

I don’t know why anyone would need anything past an .84 but please buy them up so I can get a couple more .68s for my boys.

I agree entirely. The only drawback I found with the Fendrihan is that if you are sleepy or careless and the razor slips from your hand or you knock it against your ear or your chin, you can get a very deep cut, as it has a lot of blade exposure. Probably not an issue for those of you who are wide awake and alert first thing in the morning.

I agree 100%, it is not a wham, bam, I’m in a hurry razor. You have to be careful. What I like about them is that you can adjust the shave any way you want. I gave one to my father in-law over Christmas. His lifetime experience were only electrics, then carts. No weepers on his first shave so I was happy.

Top Bottom