What's new

1st Plate On Rockwell 6c?

Wondering folks’ advice on which plate to start with on a Rockwell 6c, which comes in this week.

Currently I predominantly use a 34c and ‘69 Gillette Tech. I have a fairly sensitive neck, and am about 15 shaves into DE shaving. Was thinking I’d start on the #3. Thoughts?

Wondering folks’ advice on which plate to start with on a Rockwell 6c, which comes in this week.

Currently I predominantly use a 34c and ‘69 Gillette Tech. I have a fairly sensitive neck, and am about 15 shaves into DE shaving. Was thinking I’d start on the #3. Thoughts?
I too have a sensitive neck and I use the 4 plate. I started with the 1 plate and after a couple of strokes changed to the 2 and a few more strokes went to the 3. I finished that shave with the 3 and completed the next couple of shaves with the 3. But, it just wasn’t getting the job done so I stepped up to the 4. I tried a couple of shaves with the 5 and went back to the 4. Maybe with the right blade I could use the 5 or 6, but I haven’t found that blade yet. Which plate you end up with will depend on the blade and the shave cream/soap.

Two or three. One is pretty much useless for me: just too mild.

Plate number two is a smooth shave for me. And plate number three starts to get a little bit more blade feel, but a nice close cut all the time.

(Sent from mobile)

Top Bottom