What's new

1st Injector Razor

Well, I'm getting a refund on the lost razor. I then went out this afternoon to a nice antique store in the area and found this Type G for $6.00!!! It's all scrubbed and the head soaked in alcohol to try out tomorrow.
Schick Type G.jpg

Well, I'm getting a refund on the lost razor. I then went out this afternoon to a nice antique store in the area and found this Type G for $6.00!!! It's all scrubbed and the head soaked in alcohol to try out tomorrow...

The first injector I ever used was a G Model and it's a great all 'rounder. It shaves great! Just remember: no pressure.

Wow! First shave with this Type G and it was wonderful. Wish I had obtained an injector a lot sooner!! Thank you gentlemen!!

Ah, another question. As I go down this rabbit hole, what are your thoughts on the Schick adjustable injector razor? I believe it is the Type M.

Yes, the Type M is the adjustable. In fact, there are three versions of the Type M, and the most sought-after is the Protector. It has a sliding switch below the head that moves the safety bar up and down to cover and uncover the blade when traveling or to protect against inadvertent cuts by people who handle an unfamiliar razor. The only problem is to remember to uncover the blade when you shave with it (as I have a couple of times). :001_rolle

Yes, the Type M is the adjustable. In fact, there are three versions of the Type M, and the most sought-after is the Protector. It has a sliding switch below the head that moves the safety bar up and down to cover and uncover the blade when traveling or to protect against inadvertent cuts by people who handle an unfamiliar razor. The only problem is to remember to uncover the blade when you shave with it (as I have a couple of times). :001_rolle
Good shaving razor then?

Good shaving razor then?

Yes. Actually, I've never had a bad shave from any Injector, unless it had been damaged. The Adjustable razor is just as good as any of the Schicks--the only difference is that it is...adjustable. That allows you to try many of the other Schicks with one razor.

Yes. Actually, I've never had a bad shave from any Injector, unless it had been damaged. The Adjustable razor is just as good as any of the Schicks--the only difference is that it is...adjustable. That allows you to try many of the other Schicks with one razor.
Many thanks for the feedback. This Type G was an excellent shave. another rabbit hole to go down!!

Congratulations! I just started down this path myself a week ago with the Type L clone from PAA, and I'm looking forward to adding a G or an M (or probably both!) myself at some point.

I also tripped and fell into the rabbit hole recently. I've come to appreciate the injector's shave. Currently have an E-2, a J-1, and an M-2. I have to say that the E is probably my favorite of the 3.

I'll have to check out all of this out. Are there any "modern" injector razors still being made?

Thank you!

I got this in today. I've read good reviews on them. Does anyone here have experience with these Ted Pella blades?
View attachment 947323

There are only two current manufacturers of Injector blades, Schick and Personna. The Ted Pellas are re-branded Personnas and are made in the US. Schicks are made in China, and I prefer them over the Personnas. You can find many NOS brands of Injector blades on eBay.

Top Bottom