What's new

1st Golden Shave - CONTEST - DIRECT GIVEAWAY! 3 Safety Razors!!!

There are no stupid questions. Stupid questioners, OTOH.....

Oh in the world of IT there ARE both. Like when a user who is in their mid 20's ask you how to turn the computer on. Both are hit with that one. Or when someone asks if it is safe to click on a link in an email from someone with random letters at gmail dot com. Then when you say of course not they actually say "oh....well....I thought you would have said yes, so i did". Or when you tell someone the issue they are having will be fixed if they reboot their computer and you always get are you sure that will work. I want to say so badly. No I'm not sure, I'm just taking a guess here. Or the one I got about a month ago. User "can you format every website I go to so they all print differently but in a way I like them to print. I shouldnt have to change any settings to make the websites I visit print how I want them to".

Oh in the world of IT there ARE both. Like when a user who is in their mid 20's ask you how to turn the computer on. Both are hit with that one. Or when someone asks if it is safe to click on a link in an email from someone with random letters at gmail dot com. Then when you say of course not they actually say "oh....well....I thought you would have said yes, so i did". Or when you tell someone the issue they are having will be fixed if they reboot their computer and you always get are you sure that will work. I want to say so badly. No I'm not sure, I'm just taking a guess here. Or the one I got about a month ago. User "can you format every website I go to so they all print differently but in a way I like them to print. I shouldnt have to change any settings to make the websites I visit print how I want them to".

People for whom the acronym PEBKAC was invented.

People for whom the acronym PEBKAC was invented.

I prefer the ID 10 T error myself.

So there is a user who is so needy my nickname at work is security blankie. I have actually had to go to her office to hit the power button on her printer. (Same lady who wanted me to configure every web page to print differently) she couldn't handle using a basic laserjet printer. She kept complaining for 6 damn months that her printer takes 10 seconds to print after she sends 40 print jobs to it. So she cant handle using a basic printer so the company buys her a personal MFP printer. Yay me!! Just kill me now, put me out of my misery. Now they are having me get a laptop ready for her to work remotely. Told my boss either someone else gets to deal with her or I'm quitting. Her exact words when I pointed out she was part of the group of people we are getting set up to work from home was priceless. Boss "oh f*** that. There is no f****** way she is working remotely. We do not have the man power nor someone dumb enough to go sit at her house for 8 hours a day 6 days a week. They have lost their f****** minds if they think she is going to work remotely". I'm glad my boss has my back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom