What's new

1st Golden Shave - CONTEST - DIRECT GIVEAWAY! 3 Safety Razors!!!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’m in.

Im 68 and a triple bypass patient with atherosclerosis. I am confined at home, but it only marginally affects my job. I can do everything I can do at work with the exception of answering incoming calls and have face to face conversations with other employees. The governor has directed at risk people (like me) to stay home until April 30. It’s been 10 days and I’m already getting cabin fever. Fortunately, I can go outside and walk around a little without coming in contact with anyone.
I'm a gentleman farmer. I took pics of my lovely War Department rototilling up the chicken runs. Great day to be outside, but it's tough to watch her having all the fun.

But at least I got out of having to smell that manure up close and personal like she did!

Hi, I am in!

I am confined to working at home due to the lockdown. I am thankful to be tasked with some computer-based work and attend the occasional online meetings.
Being able to enjoy the shave nowadays is even more pleasurable.
Take care and keep safe everyone!

I was among the first round of (hourly) employees in a large office to begin working from home. while not entirely ideal, it has worked well for me so far. Would like to continue working from home after the crisis.
I am far to close to a refrigerator for my own good though.

Well, seems like we are in the middle of a pandemic thing around the world, this is why we are giving away 3 Safety Razors.

Just reply telling us if you are confined or not at home, and how it is going to affect your job!

We will pickup de winner Next April the 3d on using random.org and the names will be published under this thread.

Good luck, and take care.

This is the razor giving away x 3!

GS
I'm in. Working from home now. Work has been very busy as we try to set up as many people as possible in a work from home arrangement.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
not in, but great giveaway! Thanks for your generosity. I am deemed "essential" so I am still working, unless I am unable.

God Bless,
Adam

I’m in. Thanks.

I’m a Federal civil servant, working at home and staying home

We’re OK medically and economically but, at age 73, pretty vulnerable. Technology keeps us in touch with the family. So, overall, we’re pretty lucky.

I'm retired and living in a village in Up-state New York, small enough that just living here is self isol;ating, I busy myself by doing volunteer work by doing Radio Shows from my home studio on 2 community radio stations

I'm in! Not confined as I work in public service, but make sure to stay home on the days off! The most stressful part is worrying about bringing some nasty germs home to family. Blessed to still have a job and be taking home a check though.

Very cool giveaway!! I live in MA where the governor has declared only essential businesses are allowed to open. I’m an accountant so luckily I can work from home. I get to work from home with my wife and 3 kids (5, 2 and 5 month old) 🤪. I look forward to my shaves more than usual these days 😀.

Please include me! That's a beauty!

I'm a contaminated sites consultant who is currently "working from home"; unfortunately, I have no work so I'm taking care of house chores - which gets old really fast in a 500 sq. ft. condo. Thank goodness for banked time and vacation time (but good bye sailing trip). Once those are gone.....lay off? I've survived recessions in the past, but this is a different beast.

Respectfully not in. But as a USPS mail carrier I am still working and might be delivering this PIF! An enormous and heartfelt bit of gratitude to those in healthcare. I can't say I am sad I left it behind but I do so much appreciate the dedication of those that are still in.
Respect to the posties! You guys are an essential service these days - actually, you're always essential, but I really look forward to the mail call these days!

I'm in. Very generous from you.
I'm at home for 10 days now. For the past four months i am a ride-sharing driver. There's almost no work with the lock down and i'm getting fat inside :)
On the bright side, yesterday i shaved outside in the yard with my mom cooking, brother trimming the vines , sister in law washing and niece looking at me mesmerized of what i was doing (my brother uses an electric shaver). Before i finished i asked her to go in my cabinet to bring me an after-shave that she likes. She came back after about 10 minutes with a bottle of Floid Suave :biggrin1:

edit: i'm from Romania

Respectfully not in. I am on the front line so if you believe a few prayers for all the people I am caring for would be appreciated. Stay safe everyone!

I am retired. The very strong suggestion we stay home means I have extra time because we are not spending time driving to things across town. I was a Lutheran pastor for forty years. My calendar says I am supposed to lead a worship service three weeks from now in place of a friend who is supposed to travel for a gathering and speak at it. I doubt either will be happening. Right now fewer people are asking me for help with things I might make or fix in my workshop.

I am retired. The very strong suggestion we stay home means I have extra time because we are not spending time driving to things across town. I was a Lutheran pastor for forty years. My calendar says I am supposed to lead a worship service three weeks from now in place of a friend who is supposed to travel for a gathering and speak at it. I doubt either will be happening. Right now fewer people are asking me for help with things I might make or fix in my workshop.

My Pastor called me yesterday to check on me. We talked about the likelihood that there won’t be an Easter service, and he mentioned that some churches are having people stay in their cars and broadcasting the service over the radio via low power FM transmitter.

My Pastor called me yesterday to check on me. We talked about the likelihood that there won’t be an Easter service, and he mentioned that some churches are having people stay in their cars and broadcasting the service over the radio via low power FM transmitter.

I am glad I am not serving a congregation right now. There are many new problems that need creative solutions, but I am usually a day late and a dollar short on those things. The congregation to which we belong puts an abbreviated service on YouTube and sends the link to us all, which is what many are doing across the country and the world. The FM transmitter solution does allow people to see each other, maybe even speak to one another from a small distance. I miss interacting with friends at church. And, in the past that seeing each other meant helping one another with problems. One woman asked me to get her sewing machine working again, and I did. A couple of weeks later her husband had me work on his chainsaw and get it going again. There are people who lend and borrow books with me. Now, if it does not come through an Internet signal or the daily mail, it does not happen.

PS. My grandparents lived in Tulsa many years when I was a boy. We visited there often. My mother learned to drive in Mohawk Park. Her lessons wee cut short when she had the audacity to drive all of 35 miles an hour.

Top Bottom