What's new

1st experience with TOBS Sandalwood...

Well, the misses and I just got back from an out of town trip, so I'd let my beard grow for a couple days. I had ordered some new products from WCS; namely TOBS Sandalwood, Musgo cream and some Personna Platinums. I was excited today to find my package had arrived. So I got it out and opened up the TOBS, what a DELIGHTFUL scent, I thought to myself. After a while I ran upstairs to start my shave...

I prep'd by washing my face with warm water, then applying a damp warm wash cloth for about 30 seconds. While I was doing this my brush was soaking in warm water. So I dumped out the water in the bowl, and plunged my brush in a couple times to the TOBS soap, WOW!!! What a huge amount of thick, pastie soap!!! I then started building my lather in the bowl, and it was enormous within maybe 20 seconds! I applied just a little water to my brush and the lather was even BIGGER!!!

So I did a 4 pass shave with my Merkur 38C with a Personna Platinum blade (3rd shave with blade). At the end I still had plenty of lather to do another complete shave!!! It was amazing! I finished off with cold water rinse and a splash of Pinaud Clubman. Smellin like the barber shop...

Now as for the shave, I will say that it was DFS level. I got very smooth in some areas, but elected to leave the more sensitive areas with just a touch of roughness. I do still smell a bit of the Sandalwood, and there is a small amount of "hand soap" smell to it, but its not bothersome.

In comparison to my favorite, Proraso, I'd say the lather is better, but I get a closer, more refreshing shave with Proraso. Though I definitely think that the TOBS will be in my rotation.

Top Bottom