What's new

1st DE Shave -- I'm lovin' it!!!

Well... I finally took the plunge this morning and completed my very 1st DE shave. What can I say... ...I'm hooked. :lol: The most difficult part was deciding which of my newly acquired razors to use; my Gillette Tech, Milord, or '54 Superspeed. On the advice of several other B&B members, I finally decided on the Tech (as it was described as a more forgiving razor), and I am thoroughly suprised / thilled with my experience. A few rough spots, but all-in-all much smoother than expected.

I managed 2 passes without incident; however, on my final pass (diagonal) I did nick myself. Nothing serious -- no gusher -- just a little dot. I expected a lot more difficulty; however, I kept reminding myself to keep my elbow high which, in turn, helped to keep the razor at the correct angle.

I did find it much more difficult to keep the correct blade angle on the upward and diagonal strokes (which accounts for my mild injury); however, I am certain that -- with practice -- this will sort itself out.

All in all, a very enjoyable and rewarding experience. I now look forward to my shaving ritual and will be extolling the virtues of this lost art to my family and friends. I am a true convert, and to quote MacDonald's -- I'm lovin' it! :001_smile

Now, if only I can convince my wife to let me keep all 3 DE's! :blushing:

- Ken -

Excellent Ken. Keep all three, she'll never know as long as you don't leave two in the bathroom at the same time!

Make sure you post your set up in SOTD.

Jonnybc said:
Excellent Ken. Keep all three, she'll never know as long as you don't leave two in the bathroom at the same time!

Make sure you post your set up in SOTD.

John, you are setting this man up for a world of trouble... when you start hiding razors then you will also start hiding the new creams/soaps/etc and... well, God only knows where it will end. Hiding your goodies is a dangerous practice to start... IMHO it is better to either (a) try to convince SWMBO that you need all of this stuff or (b) just talk about it in a way that she becomes bored about it and simply doesn't give a hoot (so long as you aren't blowing ALL of your money on it). I've opted for (b) and so far it is working.

NMMB said:
John, you are setting this man up for a world of trouble... when you start hiding razors then you will also start hiding the new creams/soaps/etc and... well, God only knows where it will end. Hiding your goodies is a dangerous practice to start... IMHO it is better to either (a) try to convince SWMBO that you need all of this stuff or (b) just talk about it in a way that she becomes bored about it and simply doesn't give a hoot (so long as you aren't blowing ALL of your money on it). I've opted for (b) and so far it is working.

Yeah, fair point Michael. Perhaps I meant don't rub her nose in the fact you have three razors by just leaving one in the bathroom at a time. <desperately backpeddling to not seem so sneaky>:blushing:

Way to go! I've been using a merkur HD for a month now, but am waiting on a gillette adjustable to arrive... may cut down on nicks (hopefully won't cut UP!)

:biggrin:

Josh

moses said:
Lots and lots of questions. I keep asking them, and always seem to get helpful answers.

You know what will be even better than asking questions? When you start having enough info to asnwer the questions that other new members have... it is great to be able to pass on the info that you found to be helpful.

Top Bottom